Thread: Fiberglass?

Fiberglass?

I was wondering if anybody knows if you ca fiberglass a scoop or vent to the stock Fiero door panel? I was thinking of a vent like a 355 but not as deep. Also how much clearance is there in there?

kitcarnut

Re: Fiberglass?

To bond fiberglass to Fiero panels can use Dominion Sure Seal products. They should have web page n you can select the right stuff. if you need it I'll call mine jobber.

You mean like this ???

I'm going to extend it all the way to the front of the door toward's the fender!! I still have'nt done anything on the rocker's really... I still have to do those!! *I don't think I'll EVER be finished with **The Smooth GT**
    Steve

ps. As far as 'clearance'.. There's the door support beam that goes the whole length of the door!! It's NEEDED THERE!!!! LEAVE IT...please!!
    Fiero's were supposed to be 'trimless', Just no-one got the change in the design in time... Damn GM!!!<br />http://www.kitcar.ca/Forum/Uploaded_...smoothsig1.jpg

maybe this one will work.... *

I don't know if it's going to work or not.... *lol *
    :
    The last pic WON'T WORK.... WHY?
    Smooth...

ps. The wheel's on there now ARE JUNK.... I'm going 17"F/18"R.....
    Fiero's were supposed to be 'trimless', Just no-one got the change in the design in time... Damn GM!!!<br />http://www.kitcar.ca/Forum/Uploaded_...smoothsig1.jpg

Are you bonding the fiberglass right to the plastic body panels? What kind of prep are you doing?

definitely don't remove the side impact beams in the doors.. I got into a small uh.. "discussion" with someone years ago on a fiero group on usenet, who took offense when I said they were required for safety, but he wanted to remove them to lighten the car.... anyway, long story short.. he was an idiot, but I don't even remember his name anymore, so who cares. LOL..