Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aston Martin Vanquish from an Audi A5/S5 donor car

Aston Martin Vanquish from an Audi A5/S5 donor car

Good day everyone. I am new to this forum and currently looking for some help. The Aston Martin Vanquish (2001-2007) featured on the James Bond film "Die Another Day" is my absolute dream car but I have read several reports that Aston Martins and the Vanquish specifically is not very reliable and can cause a lot of headaches to maintain so I am thinking of using a reliable daily driver such as the Audi A5 or S5 as a base and maybe have a custom Vanquish body on it. Would this be possible? Also, Could anyone recommend a person or shop that can do a great job on this preferably within the New York area?
    Name:  800px-SC06_Aston_Martin_Vanquish_green.jpg
Views: 2558
Size:  78.7 KB
    Just to add, I chose the A5 or S5 because of the front engine coupe body as well as the awd so I can drive it during winter. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by irismarco View Post
    Good day everyone. I am new to this forum and currently looking for some help. The Aston Martin Vanquish (2001-2007) featured on the James Bond film "Die Another Day" is my absolute dream car but I have read several reports that Aston Martins and the Vanquish specifically is not very reliable and can cause a lot of headaches to maintain so I am thinking of using a reliable daily driver such as the Audi A5 or S5 as a base and maybe have a custom Vanquish body on it. Would this be possible? Also, Could anyone recommend a person or shop that can do a great job on this preferably within the New York area?
    Name:  800px-SC06_Aston_Martin_Vanquish_green.jpg
Views: 2558
Size:  78.7 KB
    Just to add, I chose the A5 or S5 because of the front engine coupe body as well as the awd so I can drive it during winter. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

I think there is already an 'asHton' kit being made, they are usually put on Jaguar XK8's I think. IIRC, the rear looks too long on them, but other than that, they're close-ish. As with all the replicas, the devil is in the details, such as wheel base, trim, wheel design, etc etc. Personally, I'd buy an early Vanquish and revel in the 'true' experience... but then, I drive a Range Rover....

K9

Thanks K9COP, I thought about buying a used one but as I have said, I have seen too many reports regarding reliability and I just don't want to spend more time calling a mechanic than driving the car. I have seen a very good mod of the Vanquish from a ford mustang so I was thinking if maybe this could be done on an awd car. Thanks

I can say this because K9 is one of the few that know when I have my tongue in my cheek. Yes, that is a good idea to go with the Jaguar because the Aston Martins have been known to have problems.

Quote Originally Posted by 76mx View Post
    I can say this because K9 is one of the few that know when I have my tongue in my cheek. Yes, that is a good idea to go with the Jaguar because the Aston Martins have been known to have problems.
    Finally! Someone gets it that a Jag U Ar is more reliable than an Audi!

K9

Can anyone help with this please? Thanks

Help you with what?

there is a kit out for a jaguar xk8

carkitinc.com

As stated on the post, I am looking to convert it from an awd car. Not a jaguar

I thought you were looking to convert it from a mustang ?

Just go with the jaguar

see how this car is customized in Canada
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbIc1K_U0T8