Thread: naerc s-10 hubs vs corvette hubs ?

naerc s-10 hubs vs corvette hubs ?

so in the naerc plans its asking for s-10 hubs in the front on corvette c5 spindles, why not the corvette hubs on the spindles ?

thanks in advance for the input

farmer

I have the NAERC suspension on my car, it has the S-10 spindles w/S-10 hubs in front, and S-10 front 4WD hubs in the back. Both have the C5 Corvette rotors and calipers.
    Are you sure your not reading the plans wrong?
    The NAERC suspension uses the front spindles and hubs from a 2WD S-10 pick-up for the front, and the front hubs from a 4WD S-10 pick-up for the rear.
    Last edited by murcie-me; 06-02-2014 at 09:15 PM.
    Without talent experience is worthless

This is the NAERC rear suspension, with the S-10 front 4WD hub mounted.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Without talent experience is worthless

s-10 hubs are cheaper. if you are going to use them on front you need to put bolt through them so they will not seperate

s-10 hubs with s-10 spindles, what year s-10 are we looking at, corvette spindles are hard to come by around here

The naerc plans do call for 2000 Chev S-10 4X4 front hubs at all four corners. HOWEVER, to make them fit the C-5 front knuckle you need to machine a larger bearing hole and relocate the three bolt holes and use a large 1" bolt to hold the bearing together. All this extra cost to save a few dollars on buying a C-5 wheel bearing.
    I used C-5 front wheel bearings on the front (they bolt right in) and S-10 bearings in the rear. This saved me a small fortune at a machine shop.

thanks for the info jim, i was able to locate a pair of front c5 spindles and bearings for 160, so that will work for me for now

bryan