Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wheel Adapters, and more.

Wheel Adapters, and more.

We have a custom car parts company, along with a wheel adapter company. We sell a LOT of adapters for kit car applications, so I thougt I'd get on here and let you ALL know about them. We custom make all of our adapters per order, that way the center bore is cut FOR your car. Give us a shout if you need adapters. We have a full custom car parts business too. Air ride, shaved door kits, custom sheet metal. 317-856-1810

A-DAPT-IT USA Wheel Adapters

Gauge-Store.com

Cool, I'll save this in my links. Thanks.

The Air Suspension Builder's Starter Kit looks very interesting ($224). Seems like that should generate a lot of interest around here. Getting a nice ride AND getting a nice wheel-to-fender gap seems impossible. Can you elaborate on how this kit would work with a 84-87 fiero suspension (front shocks, rear struts, straight coils on front, progressive coils on the back) ?

Air Suspension Builders Starter Kit #1

The price is $525 not $224.

$224 is the discount off the $790 regular price .

To me The starter kit number 3 sounds better at $575 as it included 2 compressors for $50 more

But I think op is just a link shill and not a real member

there is a major problem with that kit, its basically unbalanced. You basically will end up with 2 bags connected in parallel being either side to side or front to front. Pressure will go from one bag to the interconnecting bag.
    What you do need is 8 valves not 4 as per the kit, one to inflate and one to deflate per corner. This way you are guaranteed to have constant pressure in each bag and you will not feel like you are bouncing on a ball. One more thing I would add is a tank as those compressors can not push much reasonable amount fast especially if you come up to a bump in the road or a curb.

Thank you guys for your interest. The kit you are interested in, is a basic starter kit to start buying parts that will be fully needed. This kit allows for front and back controls. You will need more things, but as i said, this exact kit is to start the buying process for a few items. We have a few different starter kits available. This kit is generally for a coil spring on all corners car, or for smaller trucks.

As far as working on a Fiero suspension, this kit may not be the best option. The fiero uses front struts and, I think, a coil spring in the rear. The rear could use this type of bag, with proper upper and lower brackets. The front would require a strut bag system, here is a link to a universal strut kit.

As for Chimaera's comment, it is NOT a "major problem" nor is it "unbalanced." Some heavier vehicles DO get a "floaty" feeling in the front. You can run a 4 valve system with NO issues whatsoever, MOST air ride systems out there are a 4 or 6 valve. A 4 valve(front & back) system is a good starter system for people wanting to "get their feet wet" in air ride, then, if wanted, you can build onto that system. I,personally with a 6,000lb vehicle, run 6 valves with independent front controls, as to eliminate the "floaty" feeling I get as speed. A lot of people run 8 valves so they can have independent control over each wheel.

Universal Air Strut Kits

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggs McCreepy View Post

As far as working on a Fiero suspension, this kit may not be the best option. The fiero uses front struts and, I think, a coil spring in the rear. The rear could use this type of bag, with proper upper and lower brackets. The front would require a strut bag system, here is a link to a universal strut kit.

[/url]
    The fiero uses shocks and coil spring in front, and struts and coil springs in the rear. The coils in the front are all the same; the rear are progressive being large diameter at the top and small diameter at the bottom. Any more input with specific part recommendations ? I'd rather start with a system that doesn't have on-board pumps or compressors - just 4 bags and whatever connections I need to make sure the pressure stays balanced and able to air-up at the gas station. How often do you think they would leak down ?
    Last edited by Corson008; 06-18-2014 at 03:16 AM.

Corson,
    Thanks. I COMPLETELY spaced it on the rear struts, and front coils. It was a hectic day! LOL. Anyways... As for replacing those coils with a bag, it would just need a bag mount upper and lower that would work, that's not an issue at all. I would prolly run a "sleeve" style bag, link is on here.. As for not running a compressor, I would not recommend that. For one it would be VERY inconvenient. The bags would lose air in a day or two AT MOST!!! Most gas station compressors will not fill over 50lbs. 6.00" Sleeve Air Bag 150psi Single 1/2" Port

Will take note of your link. This will be a good reference in future builds and repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggs McCreepy View Post

A lot of people run 8 valves so they can have independent control over each wheel.

[/url]
    8 valves (?) - how are all the shocks are connected together (so that the air pressure is the equalized) AND each shock has it's own valve ?