Thread: Help with door solution for racing cockpit.

Help with door solution for racing cockpit.

Hi, Im planning a project for a partial monocoque racing simulator and i need help figuring out what to do about the door. I want to do the door like the mercy since it seems like the easiest solution. Since it doesnt have to be roadworthy it can be a cheap solution. is their any easy ways to configure the hinge? also what type and length does the shock need to be? thanks.

Ncrazy, Years ago Pennziol commissioned me to build a simulator for a top fuel dragster. At the time Eddie Hill in top Fuel and myself in Supercomp were the two sponsored NHRA rides. This simulator went to the events and allowed spectators a simulated ride. After a lot of head scratching, we finally determined that it was much easier for fat ladies to get in and out if the whole body lifted off, instead of having to crawl through a door and over bodywork. It was hinged in the front and had two gas struts in the back, quick and easy for the operator. Just a thought....

Quote Originally Posted by 76mx View Post
    Ncrazy, Years ago Pennziol commissioned me to build a simulator for a top fuel dragster. At the time Eddie Hill in top Fuel and myself in Supercomp were the two sponsored NHRA rides. This simulator went to the events and allowed spectators a simulated ride. After a lot of head scratching, we finally determined that it was much easier for fat ladies to get in and out if the whole body lifted off, instead of having to crawl through a door and over bodywork. It was hinged in the front and had two gas struts in the back, quick and easy for the operator. Just a thought....
    thanks for the suggestion, that would definitely be easier, ill look into it.