Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 part foam and vertical surfaces

Quote Originally Posted by RCR View Post
    Carbuilder: I pondered doing it that way, but I think it's just as much setup as doing it with cardboard, and cardboard provides a little more "control" on the final shape. Bob
    OK then this is your fall back method -- Prepare a Styrofoam cooler (cheap at Walmart) - fill with ice and your favorite beverage ( I prefer Canadian beer).
    Step 2 is to spray the expandable 2 part foam all over the vertical surface to the depth and shape you want. Just go for it and make one hell of a mess.
    After all the shaping and sanding is done to your liking (further adding to the mess) crack open the cooler and have a beer. Now wasn't that a lot more fun....

Quote Originally Posted by CARBUILDER View Post
    OK then this is your fall back method -- Prepare a Styrofoam cooler (cheap at Walmart) - fill with ice and your favorite beverage ( I prefer Canadian beer).
    Step 2 is to spray the expandable 2 part foam all over the vertical surface to the depth and shape you want. Just go for it and make one hell of a mess.
    After all the shaping and sanding is done to your liking (further adding to the mess) crack open the cooler and have a beer. Now wasn't that a lot more fun....
    Sounds good, but this stuff is not sprayable. I'll chill a bottle of Patron, too...

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by RCR View Post
    Sounds good, but this stuff is not sprayable. I'll chill a bottle of Patron, too...Bob
    Take an empty large plastic bottle of pop (Coke/Pepsi) - drill a 1/4" hole in the bottle cap... fill with your two part foam.
    Very quickly screw on the cap and shake bottle then hold on tight and aim for the area to be foamed.
    Hence instant spray foam and hope your aim is good. LOL

Hi Bob
    what I used on mine was duct tape(foam doesn't stick as much)on the cardboard (foam side), for the vertical panels. I just attached the cardboard boxes(cardboard has good strength) where I wanted them (make them as thin or thick as you need the pour) poured multiple layers to vertical depth you need. I find a orbital sander 60grit works great to do the rough sanding then the board to the finished level.

Thx Wayne... Packing tape is a bit cheaper than duct tape and I have more of it, otherwise it does the same thing. Glad we're on the same page.

I think I have the method down, now I need time to work on it.
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif