Thread: Countach turn signal bucket frames?

Countach turn signal bucket frames?

Guys, search didn't real reveal much. Does anyone have any ideas for the black frame around the turn signals/side lights on a Countach replica? What is used? I know how the original was done but how to copy?

K9
    Last edited by K9COP; 08-08-2014 at 01:05 AM.

Mine are made out of steel. Not sure if i am going to reuse them or go with something else. Havent really investigated them much. I actually thought the originals were plastic frames. This steel is really heavy.

Thanks for replying. The originals are actually brazed 'L' section brass. I was wondering if black plastic licence plate frames could be adapted. I ordered a cheap pair. Watch this space!

Here's a couple of pics of an original frame that was on Ebay a while ago....:
    Name:  $(KGrHqMOKpYFIt1kTPG(BSO1lpZYyQ~~60_3.JPG
Views: 258
Size:  56.1 KB Name:  $T2eC16JHJHcFFkLzB4,9BSO1l2Hq4Q~~60_3.JPG
Views: 246
Size:  50.3 KB

Makes me wonder if a couple of these could be adapted/combined:

Name:  number plate frames.JPG
Views: 243
Size:  203.9 KB Name:  number plate frame.JPG
Views: 240
Size:  223.8 KB

The profile looks so familiar but I can't put my finger on where I've seen a similar thing.... May have to hunt around for the correct size/corners etc...

K9

Those brass ones are exactly what I have except made of steel (and they are rusty and nasty atm). That is awesome. I didn't even think about brass. I could measure mine but if your body is not the same size, wont really help much. You should have a lip though on your body to get the measurements from to create ones that are a perfect fit. I think mine is an exact fit because I have the original OEM lenses and they fit the lip with frame but my frames are ugly and a bit wider then this pic.

Name:  frame_w_lens.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  234.5 KB