Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: countach roofline repair

Dale;

William got his glass from Pilkington's. He also had Jed do the frames so everything fit and he was going to need to redo his window frame and doors somewhat to get everything to fit in his kit. He has been out of the hobby for a while now with other family stuff going on and just no time to get to anything hobby related.

If you can get Pilkington's to build a full set of side glass for you, the side glass is curved as per the pics on Will's build thread, then you can just fit the glass into some of 76mx's frame material you build around the glass and then fit your doors and screen area around those shapes. Not worry so much about being exact to the oem Countach but making sure it all fits exactly to the glass package you pick.

I contacted a glass place down in the States a while ago and I received a reply several months later saying they could lay up the glass molds for $3500 and then pull runs from that. I believe the cost was for the mold setup and then one set of glass but I am not sure. I have potential access to oem Countach side glass but haven't followed through on anything yet. I think one of the above options will work for me which, in the end run, is a lot easier than starting from scratch for new glass.

I am still also looking at the Lexan side glass pieces using the Sienna Countach front quarter window for the front shape/curvature. I can just make a call on the rear edges and make it all fit....

Cheers and good luck in the search.

Keep us updated on your progress.

Cheers
    Don
    Last edited by Don; 10-16-2014 at 02:58 PM.
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Ok , a new wrinkle has come up , appearently William's glass was the Mirage kit glass and is still available . I was looking to get the original glass and raise the roof to the proper profile . So I guess the question is if anyone wants curved tempered side glass is it going to be the original size or the kit car glass . I have asked for dimensions and pricing , the Kit glass is about $1200 for all 6 pieces + shipping . Maybe a couple of orders will ease the shipping cost .

Dale;

Mirage not Marauder sorry. I am glad Pilkington got back to you. I am in for a set of glass as well if you are going to be ordering. Maybe we can get a few orders and put a package together with Pilkington and ship to a central location and then finish the shipping to everyone else (including me as I am probably the farthest away from the UK as anyone on here...... )

Where are you located in the states? You can PM me if you don't want it on the forum.

Thanks
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Hi Don , I'm in Ontario , Pilkington UK only makes the Mirage glass , no OEM sizes so I'm not really interested in more kit car glass , I already have that in my car now . If I can find the original sized glass I can give you the sizes of mine to see if you can use it , it's curved tempered . Does anybody have as source for used glass from a real car in the us or uk ?

thanks Dale

Hi,

Just to be sure, mirage being the UK Mirage, now DC Supercars Konig and not the Euroworks Mirage.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve , does that mean that the UK Mirage may have the correct roofline and door glass compared to the ones over here ?

I would be in for a set if this happens.

Gumby

Well I got the measurements from Pilkington so I'll be cutting some cardboard to see how things fit in the doors , I'll grab some pics when I'm done hopefully they will allow the higher roof .

Hi Dale, I would be interested in a set of the templates you got from Pilkingtons, I assume they are in an electronic format, could you please forward to me at [email]stebbing42@hotmail.com then I could test on my shell as a possible solution
    many thanks
    Graeme
    Last edited by Lambolex; 10-16-2014 at 09:34 PM.

Hi Graeme , you have mail .