Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: countach roofline repair

Thanks Dale, Weekend tomorrow so I will do some measuring.

Guys, I just popped into the end of this thread. I have an OEM (unfitted) windshield if anyone wants a template/measurements....PM me...

K9

Paul,
    I promised another man on another forum those dimensions yesterday and realized today that I am in Texas and the windshields are in Atlanta. Would you please publish dimensions?

Guys, I am in a similar position to Charley, but my windshield is close by at the shop building the car. I will try and get there tomorrow..

In the mean time, I have this: Name:  post-4-49352-Windscreen_dims.jpg
Views: 1224
Size:  18.5 KB In my reference pictures. DISCLAIMER!!!!

I BELIEVE THIS TO BE DIMENSIONS OF A GENUINE WINDSCREEN/SHIELD BUT CANNOT CONFIRM UNTIL I MEASURE MINE!!!!!!!

Please don't be cutting roofs to these dimensions just yet!!!

K9

This from an Ebay listing for an OEM windshield/screen:

This is a new OEM windshield for Lamborghini Countach models from 1974-90.

Width top 37"
    Width widest point 58.25"
    Width absolute bottom 36"
    Center height 37 3/8"

K9

Thanks K9 , my winshield is already factory OEM it's just laid back a bit . It seems that Freddie from Sienna Lamborghini is in talks with glass companies to reproduse a complete curved side glass kits to OEM specs . This is great news and I'm in for a set , I can't stand the flat side glass , it screams kit car .

Quote Originally Posted by dhart99 View Post
    Thanks K9 , my winshield is already factory OEM it's just laid back a bit . It seems that Freddie from Sienna Lamborghini is in talks with glass companies to reproduse a complete curved side glass kits to OEM specs . This is great news and I'm in for a set , I can't stand the flat side glass , it screams kit car .
    Yes, for sure. I tried a couple of times to post a quote from his email but it appears it did not post. I'm in email contact with him so will update on any news not posted...

K9

Sounds like a few of us are talking to Freddy....

He just posted on his blog/email list that his ,molds are sold and on their way to Michigan for a new company to start producing kits again. He quoted around $2000 USD to me for the oem curved side glass which comes with quarter windows, upper and lower side windows both sides. He is getting the oem side glass as he was contacted by Lamborghini dealers saying that if he could get side glass, they would be ordering some. He is working the details out over the next couple months to get the side glass made. He has the oem quarter glass in stock already. If anyone wants to get that then they could use that as the starting point of the windshield positioning. He has measurements for the side windows, he published in one of his blog posts, for what he always had but there aren't any angles on the drawings so hard to say what final height everything will be.

Dale and I are in a for a set when he is ready to sell. Anyone else?

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Absolutely. So long as the word is getting to those who need it, that's great.

$2K a set? I'm totally in, if it's good quality, accurate, and complies with the regs..... According to BullStuff, I make a set of 9 pieces $9,974.96!

K9

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Sounds like a few of us are talking to Freddy....

He just posted on his blog/email list that his ,molds are sold and on their way to Michigan for a new company to start producing kits again. He quoted around $2000 USD to me for the oem curved side glass which comes with quarter windows, upper and lower side windows both sides. He is getting the oem side glass as he was contacted by Lamborghini dealers saying that if he could get side glass, they would be ordering some. He is working the details out over the next couple months to get the side glass made. He has the oem quarter glass in stock already. If anyone wants to get that then they could use that as the starting point of the windshield positioning. He has measurements for the side windows, he published in one of his blog posts, for what he always had but there aren't any angles on the drawings so hard to say what final height everything will be.

Dale and I are in a for a set when he is ready to sell. Anyone else?

Cheers
    Don

any progress on this?

Also, who is the pilkington UK contact? Does anyone have it? I tried a few months ago to hit them up, but no response from them.

Gumby