Thread: 3 wire electric wing mirror wiring

3 wire electric wing mirror wiring

Hi Guys
    I have fitted TT mirrors to my Zonda kitcar. The mirrors have 3 motor wires and 2 heater wires, the controller has a t10t (10 pin) plug of which it seems only 6 wires do anything.
    7 and 9 control the mirror heater,
    5 provides 12v +ve to the controller's led lights
    that leaves 3 left, 6, 8 and 10 (8 seems to be 12 -ve)

does anyone know how these connect to the mirrors? I have the controller schematic but i cant work out how it all goes together.
    Regards
    Nick

Twin turbo V8 Zonda inspired thingy

post the schematic

generally if you have 3 wire going to mirror motors one of them is common ad heohr2 are going to both of e motors. So using common and one of the other wires will move mirror up or down depending on polarity or left or right using common and 3rd wire.
    And by switching common wire on the switch for left or right mirror you only need 4 wires to control the mirrors plus 2 for power

Quote Originally Posted by chimaera View Post
    post the schematic

generally if you have 3 wire going to mirror motors one of them is common ad heohr2 are going to both of e motors. So using common and one of the other wires will move mirror up or down depending on polarity or left or right using common and 3rd wire.
    And by switching common wire on the switch for left or right mirror you only need 4 wires to control the mirrors plus 2 for power
    I cant work out which one provides power! i have sussed out the -ve supply on the controller, but i need to stick power in there somewhere.
    Regards
    Nick

Twin turbo V8 Zonda inspired thingy

not exactly audi setup but it 's what I said before, 2 power input into mirror switch cluster and 6 out 3 to each mirror http://mychimaera.com/gallery/misc/P...moteMirror.png
    Attached Images Attached Images