Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Countach rad's

Countach rad's

Hello:

I am installing a 4.9 caddy motor and am thinking about adding 2 radiators for some extra cooling. Hopefully in each side air duct like on the real car. Where can I find small ones to fit ?. Also What should I do about the gas filler is it possible to mount it like the a real lambo ?. Does anyone have some pics of what they have done?.

Thanks,

Re: Countach rad's

I saw kitcarnut's countach in person, he has extra rads in the proper areas to cool his v8 - ask him about it.
    Ari

kitcarnut

well first I have a aluminum 6core rad front made for Z34 .and then two about 15X17 two core copper rads on back.local rad shop made it.they did not fit vertical so i tilled at about 45dec. at 90F heat it would run 230.so I add front spoiler at bottom of the front rad and on rear air trap wall.now it run at 190 in any outside temperature .If u want I 'll post some pics on weekend.

I use 2 VW Fox rads complete with their fans & thermal switches in front of each rear tire on my Koenig Competition. Works very well! Had to buy *lower temp thermal switches, but temp runs around 200 most of the time. You can find these rads w/fans at any boneyard and they are 'reasonable'. When picking at the boneyard, take the rubber sealing electrical connectors for the fans/thermal sensors at the same time. Note: you will need a high output alternator that will handle the 2 rad fans & possibly the Fiero front fan for AC.
    Sandy

Thanks for the reply's,

Kitcarnut: It would be great to see some pics, Where did you mount the fuel filler ?

cowans: What size are the VW Fox Rad's ?

Thanks Again for the help
    Trevor,

Lamboman, I just called a Radiator shop as I am at work. The measurements are:
    17" x 13.5" x 1 5/8".... Height x Width x Thickness.(not including fan). Fan & shroud just clip on. I even used their rubber isolation mounts!
    Sandy

Thanks cowans

Here's a pic of the rad intake, left side.
    Sandy

cowans: That is one sweet car you have Thanks for posting the pic.

kitcarnut