Thread: Ari: questions about your kit

Ari: questions about your kit

I've been following your build diary, and I have a question about when you cut the roof off.

how did you reinforce the frame, or did you buy the Fiero already with a box frame welded underneath?

Re: Ari: questions about your kit

I bought the fiero with an additional frame welded around the body - theres not extra support from underneath. If you search the archives for "strech" you should find some pictures of what I mean... I believe RockCrawl from Pennock's has a homepage with pictuers of what I mean - he did the same thing for his testarossa

I believe Ari has the same reinforcement that I have. At the rear of the cab I cut open the rocker panel enough to drive a peice of square tubing steel in there. Need to be long enough to go all the way to the front door hing. Its raining here today, but I ll get you a close up pic asap.

Bo

sounds cool.. I eventually want to do a targa roof, and am trying to decide on the best way to strengthen the frame.

A big problem with targas is where to store the roof when its not on the car... Most targa Fiero's have no place to put the roof.

Some 355 builders move the ECM and the fuel tank, which allows them to slide the roof behind the seats. This is a fair bit of work though, and requires the rerouting of fuellines and making custom fuel tanks for the trunk or hood area.

easily solved.. I want 2 roofs, one being a hardtop.. left at home... and the other one cloth, stored in the car, ready to snap on if it starts to rain while out driving...