Thread: A source for D.O.T. Countach glass? windshield , side windows and quarter glass

A source for D.O.T. Countach glass? windshield , side windows and quarter glass

Looking for a source that offers all the glass for a countach such as windshield, door glass, quarter glass. In USA it has to be DOT approved. And window seals as well. I did a google search for a few hours and came up with nothing. Wondering how you guys get the glass for those that I've seen already with windows installed.

Check out the thread 'Countach roofline repair' bud. It's long, but loads of info on glass on there. I have a full set of FLAT (curved on original car) door and rear glass for sale. I got my windshield from 76mx (Charley Strickland).

K9

Anybody need window frames or windscreen surrounds let me know

Quote Originally Posted by whitty1234 View Post
    Anybody need window frames or windscreen surrounds let me know
    Always looking for sources. What ya got to share with the group?

K9

Hi I have been working on my prova for 6 years now and was lucky enough to have Ged Sweeney build my grills but when I finally needed window frames GED had left the country and contact was lost. So in the true spirit of kit cats I got hold of 1 window frame that was battered and re engineered it in aluminium but could not weld together so I ordered some mild steel box section cut it to the correct section and made a jig for it with the correct compound curves. I know how hard it can be to get a hold of these so in true spirit of our beloved replicas can now offer straight W/F or curved frames and the other bits windscreen surrounds and ind surrounds if there is any interest please do not hesitate to get in touch.