Thread: 1996 BMW 540i to Lamborghini Gallardo. Possible?

Lightbulb 1996 BMW 540i to Lamborghini Gallardo. Possible?

Hello everybody,

I'am new at the forum, I'm starting to develop a design of a Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4, however, I have many doubts and maybe have not the EXPERIENCE required to do so.

The idea is to buy a 1996 BMW 540i used and transform into a lamborghini, using the V8 engine, transmission, power steering, air conditioning and all electronic components possible.

But the BMW is a car with the engine located at the front and the Lamborghini a mid-engine car, it is possible to make this type of transformation?
    The chassis of the BMW is bigger than the Lamborghini, it is possible to shorten it?

Sorry for bad english, I'm from Brazil.

Thanks!

you can use the engine but would need a custom chassis to mount it in back
    And a custom transmission

There is no car where you can just cut off the "top" of the original body , and put on a fiberglass lambo body

You can't use the original frame and engine and transmission with no stretching or moving axles . Except the Camaro /firebird based murcielago kit from cki , that went out of business. That was the only one but many people commented it did not look accurate as it had a long tall front end

Quote Originally Posted by Miguelleto View Post
    Hello everybody,

I'am new at the forum, I'm starting to develop a design of a Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4, however, I have many doubts and maybe have not the EXPERIENCE required to do so.

The idea is to buy a 1996 BMW 540i used and transform into a lamborghini, using the V8 engine, transmission, power steering, air conditioning and all electronic components possible.

But the BMW is a car with the engine located at the front and the Lamborghini a mid-engine car, it is possible to make this type of transformation?
    The chassis of the BMW is bigger than the Lamborghini, it is possible to shorten it?

Sorry for bad english, I'm from Brazil.

Thanks!
    Stick around buddy, you'll see with enought time and money anything is possible.

Como nosso amigo disse se tiver dinheiro tudo é possível rs, seria melhor fazer um chassis personalizado, em São paulo tem pessoas que fazem replicas do gallardo tbm vc já tem o projeto da carroceria? como pretende fazer ela? vlw

Yeah, it's posssible, but the question is how mush does it cost? My old friend did smth similar to it and he spent a lot of money.

Let me save you some time. It would be impossible to do this with this car. The front end of the gallardo is too short to be used on a front engine car. If you don't have the skills, I recommend you buy a partially completed one.
    Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
    White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
    White Gagliardi Vendetta
    Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

I have a partially completed gallardo replica on a space frame chassis with engine and loom etc. If someone offered me the cost that I've shelled out on it I'd let it go. Otherwise I'll get it finished.
    It is 100% accurate btw.
    To date I've spent £26k