Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Countach lower console vents

Question Countach lower console vents

I am having a hard time cross referencing this vent. The part is NLA from Lamborghini. Does anyone know who made it? What other cars it may be found in and maybe where I can get 4 of them? Anyone reproducing them?
    Name:  AC3.jpg
Views: 1110
Size:  237.2 KB

Here they are extended:
    Name:  AC4.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  62.1 KB

And some close up shots:
    Name:  AC1.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  70.5 KB
    Name:  AC2.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  73.6 KB

They won't be exact but Audi centre console vents look similar to those. Those are, actually, the first round ones I have seen in an interior aside from the top defrost vents..... I have only seen the rectangular vents and the HVAC knows etc. are in a recessed panel and not a flat one.....

There seems to be lots of different styles for these Countachs. Almost whatever Lamborghini had available each year or could easily source.....

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

The ones in that persons hand are too small.

Contact DC supercars in UK, they have some

Damn, sorry, for get what I said, I thought its was for the Windscreen vents

Yeah, it seems the LP400 low body interiors with the Stewart Warner Stage 3 gauges had these lower round console vents. Then when they switched to the Jaeger gauges (LP400S S2 I think) they change the top vents from those round grill Fiat to the round double flap vent and added two more of the lower round vents on each side of the console.
    Name:  AC5.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  66.2 KB

Again;

First time I have seen the round vents. I like them a lot better than the rectangular ones I have seen on everything else.

These are the ones I have only seen. With the inset HVAC area as well.

The bottom pic if of the 25th and 88.5 interior as those are the only ones that had the electronic HVAC unit. All 5000s were manual and a couple knobs.

Cheers
    Don
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

I stand corrected. All lp400 that I have seen had these round vents. However, here is a picture of a 1976 lp400 with the square vent in place of the 2 round ones but the sides have round vents. Something I have not seen in in the pre-s 400 with SW dash. WOW
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I managed to get 2 vents at auction but the seller did not know where they came from. When the vents arrived, they were exactly what I needed but they have no markings, part numbers, copyright, anything embedded to identify who made them.
    There were some similar vents for sale that did have a part number paper label attached 5516001329 that returns as a Renault Truck part#.

So I am still looking for a few more of these vents to complete my set if anyone can help.

Thanks!

Did you end up buying these vents on ebay from Australia?

Between a few of us on here we've made some progress on these round vents. Should have a viable announcement fairly soon...

K9

Incidentally I have sourced the 5000S ('84-'87), 'pre-X1/9' smaller rectangular centre console vents..