Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaguar SS100 kit on '65 VW

Jaguar SS100 kit on '65 VW

Hi. I am new. I have a SS100 Jaguar kitcar in the garage, bought it for 500 bucks, needs work. wondering if anyone else has one, because I have some Qs. For one, where is the brake master cylinder?! I am having to be creative with some of the repairs, e.g. wooden floorboards. Name:  DSCI0060.JPG
Views: 811
Size:  214.7 KBName:  DSCI0063.JPG
Views: 705
Size:  226.8 KBSome pics attached. Thanks, John, Long Island NY.

Good score for $500.00 What donor did it use? Ford or VW?
    Mike
    please visit my web site at www.replicaparts.com

Welcome!

Neat looking car. It's nice to see some older kits on the forum. How long has it been sitting?

Im very drawn to that front design... maybe because it has so much depth\spacing, closer resembling a face. Its also interestingly sporty to carve through the air like that... beautiful car.
    Follow my designs on Facebook fan pages. http://www.facebook.com/AutoArts

VW, a 1965 as it is registered. According to VW specs the master cylinder should be up front, but as of yet I cannot find it.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Welcome!

Neat looking car. It's nice to see some older kits on the forum. How long has it been sitting?
    Been sitting a number of years, maybe 5. Starting the engine will be later on the list. I am working on the floorboards, re-attaching the pedals, going over the braking systems at the moment.

BTW, the dates on the photos are wrong, pics are from this year. Anyone know of other SS100 forum members? Thanks, John

The master cylinder is located on the floor pan behind the pedal. The jag body fender wells may be covering it.

Does the car still have a 6 volt system?
    Last edited by MacGyver; 07-11-2015 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    The master cylinder is located on the floor pan behind the pedal. The jag body fender wells may be covering it.

Does the car still have a 6 volt system?
    Not sure how to tell 6V? Does not seem to say on the battery. Looks like a normal smallish car battery, 565 CC Amps? I appreciate your comments, thank you.

The body does seem to be covering some of the systems I need to get to, like the engine, shift system, etc. I am hoping there is someone with this car who will begin to comment.

Do a search in Google as I remember seeing a forum for the Jag SS100's several years ago. Might still be around. There are many more of these over in the UK as well so might be a good idea to try searching there as well.

Good luck with the kit and keep us updated with progress.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV