Thread: building a shelby GR1........CLASSIC ROADSTERS II RETURNS

building a shelby GR1........CLASSIC ROADSTERS II RETURNS

hello

first let me introduce my self

my name is Ryan Martens and I am from regina sask
    I am in the process of starting up a kit car manufacturing business near regina
    we will be running under the CLASSIC ROADSTERS II banner and have obtained the molds to build the classic roadsters cobra as well as the healey.
    we also have high quality cobra and Daytona molds.
    I have been restoring and building cars since I was a kid and at 34 years old have the experience and team to build high quality products. in the near future I do plan to bring the 2004 cobra concept kit that's sold in AUSTRALIA to Canada and would like to build a gr1.

that's right CLASSIC ROADSTERS II is back and will be again offering high quality products

my question today is......is there anyone in Canada that can carve a gr1 buck out of foam with a cnc machine?
    I know the cost will be a lot and this would be a one off build as I would also be building a custom tube chassis and having the front windshield made from a template. I figure a 1/18 scale autoart model can be scanned to get the proper shape of the car. ill have to work out the interior panels as well . this car would be a long term project.
    Im not sure of the legal implications with ford for building the GR1 but the build will be for my personal collection and to take to shows along with my products to gain attention.

CLASSIC ROADSTERS II WEBSITE WILL BE UPDATED IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE AND PRODUCTS WILL HIT THE MARKET BY SPRING 2016

RC,
    As long as the build is for your personal use and not for profit, then you have no legal issues. Does your CNC supplier have to be in Canada? I know the Canadian rules are strict about kitcar imports but surely a body buck, which is not any way part of a car, can be imported. Also, does it have to be foam? I never understood the fascination with that when MDF is so much cheaper, easier, and better a buck.

doesn't need to be in Canada as I can import a body id like the body to be machined with the door jams etc for ease of building

Quote Originally Posted by ryanscustoms View Post
    doesn't need to be in Canada as I can import a body id like the body to be machined with the door jams etc for ease of building
    Hi, i think i can help. I do 3d modeling, CNC, fiberglass. located near chicago illinois.
    Name:  clam4.JPG
Views: 677
Size:  1.44 MB
    Name:  plug1.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  1.20 MB
    Name:  IMG_5737.JPG
Views: 662
Size:  1.45 MB
    Last edited by ncrazyballa; 11-08-2015 at 12:53 AM.