Thread: Classic mini cooper superleggera

Classic mini cooper superleggera

heeloo everyone again
    Weelll after a long time off chearching and planning I gave up on the 1945 beetle Veyron project
    the reasons are just 2 Cost and parts The design its a beetle at the size of a buggati Veyron so 400cm wider 400 longer and much lower
    and it had to be the beetle parts were I cant make :/ I will make a run for fun rallu formula vee instead I ve found the parts needed in very good low price
    But eve found a mini cooper mexico at the price of 400 euro in very good contition It doesn't have the ligts but that's not a big issue
    and there are not paper stuff for this car I want to customize it just like an superleggera vision concept
    do you think its a good idea ?
    I am thinking of cutting the roof Make it wider with a body kit and I am not sure if I wont to make it rwd with mounting the engine back
    all the design will be made with cuted foam and then fiberglass
    What do you think about this ? its an good idea or not ?
    what would you do with a mini ?
    ps
    The price of the mini even if was fully restored it woiuld be the same just because there are not papers approving that's real and you can not make it legal in anyway in Greece because there is no laws to make legal any tyoe of car
    so restoring the car its not a good idea
    and the price to fully restore it its bigger than buing an already restored car
    so even if am not into customizing classic cars in that cint of situations I prefer to make sumthing out of them

here are some photos The fisrt its just from a custom cabrio and for sure doesn't look to good :/
    Attached Images Attached Images   

but I will make it wider and little bit longer Bigerr rims for sure but not too much
    what else you think ?

Take care Nikos. These things really know how to rot.
    Also, if you chop the roof, you take away a great amount of the structure of the car, so a good bit of bracing and welding is recommended. Equally, if the car is rusty, chopping the roof is only going to make matters worse.
    Check for rust in the sills, floor and front and rear sub frames. If it looks okay there and checks out mechanically, great. But learn how to weld before you go chopping anything off!

Looks like it could be great fun though.

I seem to remember that the second image you have there is based on a BMW mini.

yeah i know :/ plus minis are gonne ala long time ago now they are bmw