Thread: Re-Wire my fiero???

Re-Wire my fiero???

i have a diablo kit on a 87 fiero. right now the car runs and drives and stops. A little background on the car is , at one point it was a complete car. keep in mind there were a lot of covers cut that I'm trying to work out. the car was then taken apart by the pervious owner , who was going to change some things around, but ended up selling to me b4 he got around do it. so i was thinking of rewiring the whole car with a universal GM wiring kit. but i have no electrical exspernnce but I'm a quick study. my question is... SHOULD i rewire, or should i leave it as is and just clean things up. or should i rewire so that i know were everything is . is it worth the trouble?

I have been going through some wirnig cleanup on my project as well. I recommend that you get a really good Fiero book that has the detailed wiring diagrams like a factory manual or something similar, and fix the Fiero wiring. I think it will be less headache to fix your wiring loom in the Fiero than to start new with a universal. There are a LOT of wires in the Fiero that are not in a universal wiring loom that would take a long time to sort out. I would rather cut a car in half and weld it back together than do the wiring but I found it wasn't too bad to follow the factory manual and get the Fiero wiring sorted out. You just have to be patient and be prepared to open up wire looms along the route to ensure the same wires are making their way to where they were originally made.

I am pretty sure you can get the factory manuals online over on Pennock's for most years. Make sure you get your specific year though as there some changes between years....

Good luck
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Awsome , thank you!