Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you help me find.......

Can you help me find.......

I'm sooo not an electrician guy. My plan is probably to higher an electrician to get me sorted out. But thought I'd at least try here first. I have a pretty much stock fiero/wiring but The previous owner began taking apart the dash . So most electrical components in the cockpit are not hooked up (car runs and drives) . If anyone is up to helping me find out what wires are my headlights and gauges. And stuff like that
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It better if someone with a fiero there with you, all car it difference but for my car, it plug and play.
    Current Project: Ferrari F430 White
    Donor Car: 2000 Silver Toyota Celica GT(Automatic)

ok thank u

Do you have your manual? If not, buy them. Having an extra wiring harness is a good ideal too.
    Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
    White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
    White Gagliardi Vendetta
    Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

Take pics of the connectors and we will help. A pic of a mess of wires does nothing for me.

It seems everyone on all these forums has a type of semi sarcastic response, in the form of so called help.
    Last edited by Minihawn; 01-08-2016 at 10:38 PM.

Jdinner has a point though, you really cant tell what the wires are for without seeing the connectors they have. I think the best thing you could do is go to the autopart store and get yourself a Haynes or Chilton manual for the Fiero. It has pictures of all the connectors, wiring diagrams, all the info you could possibly need on the Fieros.
    Without talent experience is worthless

Quote Originally Posted by murcie-me View Post
    Jdinner has a point though, you really cant tell what the wires are for without seeing the connectors they have. I think the best thing you could do is go to the autopart store and get yourself a Haynes or Chilton manual for the Fiero. It has pictures of all the connectors, wiring diagrams, all the info you could possibly need on the Fieros.
    thank u I will look into it, I'm also considering purchasing a dash wiring harness in place of the old messy one . And go from there

The problem is that if any oem wires were cut a dash wiring harness may not be simple

Your absolute best bet would be to find a fiero in a local junkyard (I know it's getting tough ) and dismantle the dash yourself and take lots of pics to compare to yours

You really don't know if your wiring had been cut up or just unplugged , and the pic you posted is so blurry and far away it provides nothing we can use to help you out . Sorry if the responses sound sarcastic but I think they are actually your best bet to fixing this. Madmods and Tuantrang and myself are kit owners and Jdinner and Murci me are two of the most talented lambo builders on this website , they also freely share they're knowledge and help with others . I don't see any sarcasm in their replies to you

76mx offer to do all your wiring for $1000 labor , plus parts , over at lambo clone sounds like a good deal too if you don't want to mess with it yourself. Especially if you are going to do the 3800sc engine swap I'd recommend having someone experienced do all the wiring. If you are going to stay with oem fiero wiring and engine then you can figure it out on your own by disassembling a fiero in the junkyard
    Last edited by cutlass442; 01-09-2016 at 06:19 AM.

Do you have the old cluster, switches, radio, hvac etc? If so plug all that stuff in and use the process of elimination to figure the rest. It will be difficult with the stalk switches and ignition cylinder if you don't have those. But you should be able to know what's what based on wire colors in online or paper manual and by tracing back from the fusebox. It's really not that bad just pick a point and start.

Another option is to get rid of it all and rewire the whole car with a painless universal harness. This is what I would do personally.