Thread: Does anyone know where i can get a naerc chassis built in new england?

Does anyone know where i can get a naerc chassis built in new england?

Hi guys,

New to the forum so I'm not sure if this is the best place for a post like this. I've made some modifications to the NAERC chassis and need a fabricator to buy and cut the metal pieces.

Does anyone know a fabricator in Massachusetts or New England in general that might be up for a project like this? I've called a few places and its sounds like no one wants to touch it with a 10ft pole.

Thanks in advanced,

J

Quote Originally Posted by Jsanzo View Post
    Hi guys,

New to the forum so I'm not sure if this is the best place for a post like this. I've made some modifications to the NAERC chassis and need a fabricator to buy and cut the metal pieces.

Does anyone know a fabricator in Massachusetts or New England in general that might be up for a project like this? I've called a few places and its sounds like no one wants to touch it with a 10ft pole.

Thanks in advanced,

J
    Hey, welcome to the forums. Sorry, just saw this. Did you get anywhere?

K9

Quote Originally Posted by K9COP View Post
    Hey, welcome to the forums. Sorry, just saw this. Did you get anywhere?

K9

Unfortunately i didn't find anyone in the New England area who replied. I think I'm going to just cut and weld pieces myself. I was originally worried that the pieces needed to be very precise, but after talking to some people I've been told you don't want something too precise when you're doing chassis welding (to prevent bowing).

I haven't started yet, so if anyone knows someone in the east coast who would be interested in this project please let me know.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Jsanzo View Post
    Unfortunately i didn't find anyone in the New England area who replied. I think I'm going to just cut and weld pieces myself. I was originally worried that the pieces needed to be very precise, but after talking to some people I've been told you don't want something too precise when you're doing chassis welding (to prevent bowing).

I haven't started yet, so if anyone knows someone in the east coast who would be interested in this project please let me know.

J
    Hey J, I'm not sure what you mean by "I've been told you don't want something too precise......to prevent bowing" I've been a cop all my life, so I can't really offer an opinion on chassis construction, but it seems to me the more precise the better, in terms of accurate construction, body attachment, and subsequent handling.

Charley (76mx on here) offers chassis for sale I believe, maybe hit him up. He's in Texas, but a good guy...

There must be a fab shop near you, surely? The problem is the associated costs with taking a project like that to someone. You could easily end up with a $10K chassis...

K9

Jsanzo,
    What if the fab shop came to you? I am leaving March 31st for New York to deliver two cars. If I threw a welder, chop saw, and jig table in the hauler as well, would you be interested? How elaborate are your modification? Is this even feasible? One of the cars that I am delivering is on an NAERC chassis so I would also be bringing a set of reference points.

Charley