Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AIRBAGS on a Kit Car?????

AIRBAGS on a Kit Car?????

Hello everybody,
    It's been a long time Im doing my research before I start building my project.
    Actually Im intresting for the Aventador or the LaFerrari, and I would like to know,
    if I finally start building it, is there any possibility to instale AIRBAGS on this car?
    Has anyone done this yet or we don't have this possibility for the moment?

yes, why couldnt you?

what do you mean ncrazyballa? (Most of all Im intresting for the LaFerrari concept). what kind of steering wheel im gonna need? is LaFerrari replica steering wheel avaliable?
    what kind of parts Im gonna need for the whole concept? of which car airbag system I have to use?

Quote Originally Posted by George75 View Post
    what do you mean ncrazyballa? (Most of all Im intresting for the LaFerrari concept). what kind of steering wheel im gonna need? is LaFerrari replica steering wheel avaliable?
    what kind of parts Im gonna need for the whole concept? of which car airbag system I have to use?
    oh my bad, i thought you were talking about airbag suspension.

So, no infos for the moment?

Unlike the LaFerrari kit that you want to put this in, all of the components for an airbag system designed for any vehicle are commonly available off the shelf stock items from several companies specializing in this.

I too had a question about this recently.

The driver side would be easy enough I would think...

The passenger side however is usually tucked behind the dash and has a thin line that splits when the airbag deploys.... When putting together a kit car dash, It seems that most do not allow, unless you cut and modify an opening, for a passenger side airbag.

This is only a perception and may certainly not be fact. But if your going for a OEM looking interior and your dash is fiberglass... does this mean you would have to purchase the factory components to get the passenger to work?

I suppose it's a kit... so to each their own. I for one would like to maintain some level of safety if at all possible, aside from just seat belts I mean...

Sorry George, Not trying to hijack your question, rather, add to the discussion.

Like I supposed before, the driver side I would think would be an easy solution depending on the steering wheel you choose. I have seen some get OEM wheels and others recover a donor wheel to look close to the replica look. Either way you would not loose the airbag on the driver side of the car... my thoughts anyhow.

Buckle UP! The idea of installing an airbag system in a kit car? Are you nuts?

Quote Originally Posted by aflo View Post
    Buckle UP! The idea of installing an airbag system in a kit car? Are you nuts?
    LOL, no they are just trying to protect them. lol

I think Tekata is having a sale on airbags. I think if a car did not come with airbags you would open yourself up to lawsuit issues if anything ever happened. If the car came with airbags and you removed them, same issues with lawsuit possible.
    Last edited by cdd; 02-25-2016 at 06:45 PM.