Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graphic desiner / line drawing help !

Graphic desiner / line drawing help !

I have seen a lot of talented people on this forum and you guys never cease to amaze me. I am looking for some one good at drawing and/ or graphic design to take the picture of my Foam plug car and draw a prototype style drawing of it. I have tons of pictures for detail and I wonder if someone can help me out . PM me with any questions and if possible, an estimate of cost to create 3 views. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I was kind of able to mimic the Vaydor kits design... I can probably make an amateur 3D design of your car for the following 3D model in exchange.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IwcREWpvwM

http://humster3d.com/2015/08/04/bent...-speed-6-2015/
    Follow my designs on Facebook fan pages. http://www.facebook.com/AutoArts

Speak to Carter at Carter Hickman designs. (www.carterhickmandesigns.com) He does some very nice work!:

K9
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hey K9, I just clicked your link to Carter and there is a large note that says he is not taking any new customers . The note actually blocks the site from fully loading. Do you know him personally or have an email address for him ? His caliber work is what I am looking for. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by newtomm View Post
    Hey K9, I just clicked your link to Carter and there is a large note that says he is not taking any new customers . The note actually blocks the site from fully loading. Do you know him personally or have an email address for him ? His caliber work is what I am looking for. Thanks
    He did the rendering on my design project, and I've spoken with him, but can't claim to 'know him personally'. One thing that was suggested to me when I was looking for someone to do renders was to speak to the local college running an automotive design course, there'll be some talent there. But there's talent here too, Arash and Ikaros do fine work, for example....

K9

Quote Originally Posted by K9COP View Post
    He did the rendering on my design project, and I've spoken with him, but can't claim to 'know him personally'. One thing that was suggested to me when I was looking for someone to do renders was to speak to the local college running an automotive design course, there'll be some talent there. But there's talent here too, Arash and Ikaros do fine work, for example....

K9
    Good luck finding "the local college running an automotive design course". There are very few of these, probably a handfull internationally. The students at these select institutions are worked VERY hard and, fighting tuition costs that rival Harvard, will probably not have the time for little jobs for hobbyists at low wages. I am sure that local colleges with GRAPHIC DESIGN COURSES might be much more available (and perfectly suitable) for these kind of jobs. There are probably also lots of people doing patent drawings, which I suspect is what the OP actually needs.

Go to a site called coroflot

you will find someone.

Quote Originally Posted by aflo View Post
    Good luck finding "the local college running an automotive design course". There are very few of these, probably a handfull internationally. The students at these select institutions are worked VERY hard and, fighting tuition costs that rival Harvard, will probably not have the time for little jobs for hobbyists at low wages. I am sure that local colleges with GRAPHIC DESIGN COURSES might be much more available (and perfectly suitable) for these kind of jobs. There are probably also lots of people doing patent drawings, which I suspect is what the OP actually needs.
    Understood. Don't shoot the messenger...

K9

I’m glad you understand that 'local colleges offering automotive design' is not, and never was, a reasonable talent suggestion for these kinds of drawing jobs. After all, there are maybe TWO schools in the UK that would so qualify, maybe four or five in the US. Not exactly your local community college

Quote Originally Posted by aflo View Post
    Iím glad you understand that 'local colleges offering automotive design' is not, and never was, a reasonable talent suggestion for these kinds of drawing jobs. After all, there are maybe TWO schools in the UK that would so qualify, maybe four or five in the US. Not exactly your local community college
    Ok, firstly, aflo, If you're going to berate me, please quote me accurately. I never mentioned 'local community colleges'. Secondly, ffs calm down, I was just passing on information given to me in the hope it would benefit the OP, and I presented it as such, not as fact. Thirdly, if one lived next to one of the two schools in the UK, or one of the four or five schools in the US that you deem to qualify, it would be your local college, wouldn't it? Does the OP live next to one of your approved schools? I don't know, and neither, I suspect, do you. If he/she did live next to one of them, then it would, and always could be, a reasonable talent suggestion.

Did you have trouble finding the college course you wanted? Something tells me you either couldn't find what you wanted locally, or had to move/travel for your design course.. Either way, I'm glad I made you glad.

K9