Thread: Fiberglass Mold tips

Fiberglass Mold tips

Hey everyone,

Since I like to constantly expand my knowledge I have decided I would like to try and make some molds of some small parts I have laying around the garage. Nothing big, fancy, or complex boring stuff. I have been watching some videos and such but figured I would try and seek the advice of some of the members here. Any of you have a preferred way of doing things, a place you buy supplies online, etc? What other helpful tips and tricks can you give.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slipondajimmy View Post
    Hey everyone,

Since I like to constantly expand my knowledge I have decided I would like to try and make some molds of some small parts I have laying around the garage. Nothing big, fancy, or complex boring stuff. I have been watching some videos and such but figured I would try and seek the advice of some of the members here. Any of you have a preferred way of doing things, a place you buy supplies online, etc? What other helpful tips and tricks can you give.

Thanks
    There's lots of resources for mold making. I'm trying to get into it myself to convert some of my interior parts to carbon fiber. This site is pretty popular with people doing molds etc. Here is one of the bigger companies for supplies. They also have an excellent Learning Center with good videos. Good luck!

Thanks Ricand. I think I have all my questions answered but sure would like to get some tips from the experts on this forum.

Advise is something you can take or leave so I will not go into great detail as to why you must do this but be advised its a MUST ALWAYS DO .... Always wear a proper respirator/mask with filters for fiberglass work no matter how big or small the project. The internet is full of articles on the why if you want to google it.