Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ferrari f355 wheels and steering wheel.

ferrari f355 wheels and steering wheel.

Need some help sourcing wheels and steering wheel, does anybody make any replicas. They would go on an Air Dynamics kit based on a fiero. I appreciate any help.

any 355 guys who can help with spacers size, offsets and wheel sizes. Thanks

There are a lot of variables to consider. If you want it to look OEM. You will need to spend a ton of money and time sourcing parts plus OEM 18" wheels and tires.

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...n-package.html

The more cost effective and simpler solution would be to find wheels with a lot of offset to composite for the much wider width you need.
    On my 430 Build the rear wheels have quite a bit of offset and I just needed to add a 3/4" thick adapter to adapt it to the Fiero bolt pattern. The width of the front and rear suspension on this build was left stock. The front adapters were 1.50" I think.

Another thing you could do is to have the wheels made custom so they will bolt right up to the 5x100 Fiero pattern. Then you wouldn't even need to use adapters. The wheels on the rear of my 430 are 19x10" and the fronts are I believe 19 x 8s or 8.50 (I forget)

The 355s rear tires are not as wide as what is used on the 430s so the off set would need to be a little deeper.

As far as the steering wheel goes. Many 355 owners went with the Momo wheel with the correct adapter for the Fiero. Another option would be to find one from some car in the bone yard that has the basic shape of the OEM 355 steering wheel and make a custom center for it. Some of the older Chrysler products from the late 90s had a similar looking steering wheel shape. Of course you would need to alter the hub to fit the Fiero steering wheel shaft. (or better yet) install the whole column like I did on my 430. I used a LXI Chrysler late 90s unit.

If you look through my 430 build diary you will find some info on installing the Chrysler column. The nice thing about the Chrysler column is that it looks real close to the Ferrari OEM one.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    There are a lot of variables to consider. If you want it to look OEM. You will need to spend a ton of money and time sourcing parts plus OEM 18" wheels and tires.

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...n-package.html

The more cost effective and simpler solution would be to find wheels with a lot of offset to composite for the much wider width you need.
    On my 430 Build the rear wheels have quite a bit of offset and I just needed to add a 3/4" thick adapter to adapt it to the Fiero bolt pattern. The width of the front and rear suspension on this build was left stock. The front adapters were 1.50" I think.

Another thing you could do is to have the wheels made custom so they will bolt right up to the 5x100 Fiero pattern. Then you wouldn't even need to use adapters. The wheels on the rear of my 430 are 19x10" and the fronts are I believe 19 x 8s or 8.50 (I forget)

The 355s rear tires are not as wide as what is used on the 430s so the off set would need to be a little deeper.

As far as the steering wheel goes. Many 355 owners went with the Momo wheel with the correct adapter for the Fiero. Another option would be to find one from some car in the bone yard that has the basic shape of the OEM 355 steering wheel and make a custom center for it. Some of the older Chrysler products from the late 90s had a similar looking steering wheel shape. Of course you would need to alter the hub to fit the Fiero steering wheel shaft. (or better yet) install the whole column like I did on my 430. I used a LXI Chrysler late 90s unit.

If you look through my 430 build diary you will find some info on installing the Chrysler column. The nice thing about the Chrysler column is that it looks real close to the Ferrari OEM one.
    Great info, thank you so much.
    The car currently has 17x7 with 2" spacer, 17x9 with 3" spacer wheels and with 55mm offset front and back. Looks completely wrong, too narrow and tucked in.
    I found some really nice aftermarket wheels in this size.

18x8 225/40/18 offset 50mm,
    18x11 285/35/18 offset 47mm. wonder if rear is too big to accommodate this wheel size.

No one can give you proper advice without knowing several things about the chassis your F355 is built on:

1. the year of the chassis (it matters because the flange to flange width on the front of the '88's is different than for earlier years);

2. whether you have adjustable coil-overs on the rear, and if so, how long are the springs at ride height;

3. what is the ground clearance you currently have (as measured from the bottom of the rear cradle and the bottom of the front cross member) and what do you want it to be?

4. what is the vertical fender to tire top clearance you want on the front and rear? and

5. how far from the wheel mounting flange do you want the outside edge of the tires to sit in relation to the fender lips (front and rear wheels)? To make this last measurement:

a. remove the front wheel, and drop a vertical line down from the outside fender lip to the ground (or wherever you want the outside edge of your tire to sit), then measure the distance from the line to the wheel mounting flange on the disk brake hat;

b. repeat the same process for the rear wheels.

thanks for all the input, I got the wheels 18x9/18x12, they fit great, now just gotta find a nice steering wheel.

Please post pics , I'm trying to find wheels that fill my fenders better on my 355

I took some nice pictures today will post some later.

Pretty happy with the look, wheels are Roh Modena 3 piece staggered. 18x9 front and 18x12 rear.

lovin it. well done sir
    - fidali355