Thread: Countach 5000/Sengine cover dimensions contained herein...

Countach 5000/S engine cover dimensions contained herein...

Guys, someone was asking for Countach LP500/5000/S engine cover dimensions, due to my crappy memory, I forgot who (could have been on facebook for all I recall...). I have the below dimensions so far from a very dimensionally accurate copy, and the front bonnet from the same source exactly fits my Prova.

Usual American disclaimer, don't sue me if you spend 2 years making one and it drops through the hole when you put it on the car. Use common sense, draw it out to get the missing dimensions,and all should be well with the world....

K9
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by K9COP; 08-09-2016 at 01:47 AM.

Hi K9 It could of been Will I ran a tape over my prova lid and sent him those measurements on FB but have not heard back he's probably up to his neck in Fg resin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambolex View Post
    Hi K9 It could of been Will I ran a tape over my prova lid and sent him those measurements on FB but have not heard back he's probably up to his neck in Fg resin.

Thanks 'Lex, but I would have remembered if it was Will. I've got a feeling it was either a guy in France or New Zealand...

K9

Hi k9 the dims on that lid were they from a real car or replicar I posted a few sketches I measured in 1987 one of the alpine car so I wonder how similar our measurements are , if it was a guy in new zealand it could have been my mate Justin as he is building his body plug from scratch. Either
    r way any info on these rare cars is welcome ,I have a countess which I believe was moulded from the same car a Prova was taken from , the countess seems quite accurate except for the low roof which I have lifted.

Wasn't me, I have what I will need for this(fiberglass parts wise), except for the covers, which Graeme helped me out on...drawings are done, just need to make master patterns for them. ..