Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wiring HELP (push start button)

Wiring HELP (push start button)

hey guys so im looking to buy a push start / rfid smart key system from advancedkeys.com
    i asked the company if you can swap the button for a GT-R button and this is the reply i got

Nissan's push-start button typically uses sinking (+12v signal) and our system conforms to sourcing design (GND signal) so if you really want you can use a bunch relays to convert the Nissan button I/Os over (See attached diagram for our button I/O).

is this a big job and anyone know if its easily done or not?

any input is apresheated
    thanks
    Last edited by metro; 08-13-2016 at 04:24 AM.

What are the connections on the GT-R button?

no idea :s

You need to splice a relay into the white wire. White to 86, + power source to 85, + power to 30, white to 87. This changes the signal from the - of the Advancedkeys to the required + of the Nissan. Five dollars, a few feet of wire, and one hour.

Quote Originally Posted by 76mx View Post
    You need to splice a relay into the white wire. White to 86, + power source to 85, + power to 30, white to 87. This changes the signal from the - of the Advancedkeys to the required + of the Nissan. Five dollars, a few feet of wire, and one hour.
    Thanks man! Your automobile knowledge has no limits!

Quite welcome but something is still not right. If the grey box in your diagram is the installed system, and the dashed box is their switch, and you want to replace their switch with the Nissan switch, and the Nissan switch is a simple on-off switch (or can be made to be that way), you don't even need the relay. The switch is completing a circuit for the - power now supplied to it instead of completing a circuit for the + power when it was formerly connected to the Nissan harness.

Quite welcome but something is still not right. If the grey box in your diagram is the installed system, and the dashed box is their switch, and you want to replace their switch with the Nissan switch, and the Nissan switch is a simple on-off switch (or can be made to be that way), you don't even need the relay. The switch is completing a circuit for the - power now supplied to it instead of completing a circuit for the + power when it was formerly connected to the Nissan harness.
    so this might only be for the LED as the advancekeys one has one light central and the GT-R button has 3 lights that illuminate at the top
    as i see a diffrent site has interchanged the button with a red STI one with a led in the same place

Since white is switched direct to ground and you are energizing the relay (85->12V+) then you have 12V+ on the 30 and "white to 87"? This will cause a short out or melted wires because white is simultaneously connected straight to ground . 87 MUST go to the NSS or direct to the 'S' (solenoid) terminal on the starter.

i will ask the company that sells the kit if they will swap the button for me.

Yes Mr. D, I realized that after I thought a little further. I also realized that this circuit would depend on acc+ to work and that this is the circuit controlling acc+. That is why I already posted the second answer. I think Metro has the right idea, surely there is a good amount of people that would want to use an OEM button in this installation and surely the manufacturer would consider and accommodate that. Something else you might want to consider Metro, a complete OnStar System is about $200. It gives you all of the push start and remote functions plus 30 other programmable functions, and it doesn't care what polarity your button is. There are built-in DIN switches to make it work either way.
    Last edited by 76mx; 08-15-2016 at 11:18 AM.