Thread: Climate controller for Diablo?

Climate controller for Diablo?

I have the Gen III Vintage air with a cheezy looking controller currently residing in the center glove box. Are there any good options for something I could put on the dash? It seems like you should be able to alter the outputs to mimic the Vintage Air controller. I'm getting ready to design a mold for the center front console for my Android system and would like to incorporate the controller and video switches. Unless someone out there wants to write me an Android app hehee.

My carbon fiber lower console came out great on the third pull from the mold. I'm also happy with my cnc gate and 3D printed riser too, I'll have to post pics soon. I can provide an stl file to anyone who wants to print a riser including the side plate and buttons files or just links for the 3D printer like above. The CNC gate was $90, but so worth it. It makes cable shifting fun.

Rick

Ricand, I had the same problem, the controllers provided are cheezy, that is a good word for it. Not only that, they do not go with the style and motif of anything else on the dash. I suggest you use the 3-D printer you mentioned to make a faceplate and then fit it with controls. I did a similar thing by CNC cutting one from the same brushed aluminum that my dash was made of. A fringe benefit is the standard rotary controls look better than the more expensive slide controls for this. Knobs are readily available through several sources but most hot rod shops have knobs that match the other controls on the dash, making it all look like it belongs together instead of cheezy. I have some pictures of my example that I will try to post here, but the difficulty of posting pictures to the Forum is being addressed right now on another thread.

Pictures just posted on my Thread! Let me try this again. Even if not, you can get the idea from #139 on my Chupacabra Thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yes! here is another I hope. A few dollars worth of knobs, no material cost to speak of, and a little time, no more cheezy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by 76mx; 09-25-2016 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 76mx View Post
    Yes! here is another I hope. A few dollars worth of knobs, no material cost to speak of, and a little time, no more cheezy.
    Thanks, it does look better than the slide switches. I'd have to figure out how much it would cost to buy the rotary switch, mine came standard with the sliders back in ancient history. I've been thinking about using a rotary switch to change between my cameras too, so I could get one that would match. Ideally I'd like something more modern looking with LED display. I'm even thinking about looking into a raspberry pie controller with small digital screen.