Thread: Quality Lamborghini countach kit

Quality Lamborghini countach kit

Hi
    can any body suggest a quality Lamborghini countach kit(early model not 5000)with removable fender flairs and vents etc, actual length and size ,does somebody make a body that you can actually use oem parts ,looking to buy a finished car or preferably a project car on a tube chassis
    thanks
    Matt

The 500lp or 5000s in the United States is the earliest model made,but theoriginal Countach molds, to my knowledge, were taken off an early qv, everything else was fabricated to offer various bodies....you will have to modify the body to be separated from the flairs ect,unless you can find a sienna,heritage,harris engineering, or the like...I think that's right,

Mattie69,
    I am somewhat familiar with the Countach replica market and here is what I think that I know. For the last several years, I am the only one that has offered a Countach body of any kind for sale, and it is a 5000. There may be one that is not on the Forums or advertised in the magazines like mine, but I am not aware of it. I am also not aware of the earlier style being available from anyone, even in the past.

Thanks for the info, I made a mistake, I am looking for a 5000 also I don't want a car with side skirts like the 25th anniversary car,I have heard the heritage and Siena are the kits to buy..,is a tube chassis much better than a stretched fiero? It seems like a tube chassis might be stiffer and better for performance and a lot more work but installing the body on the stretch fiero would seem like it's much easier to build and you will have less rattles?... I am still learning about these kit cars
    Regards
    Matt

76mx has both the bodies and chassis you seek

Once you move past the "still learning" phase and are ready to put up money to purchase I suggest you contact him, he is a good guy .

Udo also makes a body, "round belly".....76mx,do you make the early pre qv rear deck lid? I am going to make one,but if you already have it available, great, should ha e the side vents as well for the earlier version

Deleted "double post "
    Last edited by wbnemo1; 12-29-2016 at 06:35 AM.

Mattie69,
    Those two might have been the kits to buy back then, but not now because they have not been in business for I am guessing at least ten years now. In my opinion the tubeframe is superior to the Fiero in every way. The only argument that might be made for the Fiero is that it is more economical. However, even though it is a cheaper route initially, I will never be convinced that it is ultimately a more economical way to build.

Wbnemo1,
    The only deck I have is the 5000 with the doghouse.
    Last edited by 76mx; 12-30-2016 at 01:58 PM. Reason: typo correction