Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3d rendering project

3d rendering project

So I followed ikaros design thread and want to explore my option of making my own body. Ikaros is to busy with his own project to take on mine. So I'm basically looking for somebody who can take my idea for a car from a video game tweak it to work for what I'm looking to do. Then 3d render it so I can do a cnc.
    Is this something somebody on here other then ikaros is able to do. It would need to be done to exact dimension

I can do most of it except the finishing polished surfaces. ~$100 paypal
    vigorouszx youtube
    Follow my designs on Facebook fan pages. http://www.facebook.com/AutoArts

Spyder, I am not saying this to squash your dreams, but you just do not understand what you do not understand. A CNC has to read a finished connected surface. Once Arashi has all except the finished and polished surfaces, now you are at least a hundred hours and at least $50 an hour away from getting it to the point where you can spend much more than that to get the design work done. Modeling driprails and door jambs and construction lines and making it actually buildable is expensive any way you do it. And tweaking a video game car so that a driver, a suspension, and a drivetrain fits properly is still more time and money. The scale is purposefully distorted on them. When you blow it up, you may find that it is eight feet wide and two feet tall at the proper length, and has a ride height of two inches.

Oh, is that what you were talking about on the other thread? All the drip rails I was hoping that if I was say the windshield and door glass from a miata I would be able to use that from a miata. I was under the impression that if was a 3d model it was done for cnc. I don't know how cnc programs work I admit that. I do know that when the cnc foam is done that is only a small step, to even making a body.
    Maybe ill blow up the pictures of the car I like and try my hand at making a body ala "fuggazi"
    Now what I do know is I have a Naerc chassis and a diablo roadster shell and don't want a roadster if I had a coupe I'd be happy and this thread wouldn't exist.

Sounds like it would be far simpler to convert your roadster shell to a coupe than to take on the other idea, no?

Quote Originally Posted by 20below View Post
    Sounds like it would be far simpler to convert your roadster shell to a coupe than to take on the other idea, no?
    I lost IQ points reading this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ncrazyballa View Post
    I lost IQ points reading this thread.
    Thank you for your supportive & constructive input.

I was attempting to perhaps tactfully help steer someone to a completely respectable and realizable goal.
    I can empathize with dreaming big and not necessarily having a firm grasp on the reality of what might be possible.
    Isn't that a facet of this forum.....to seek out what is possible and what has come before? We all start from inexperience and humble beginnings.
    Who am I to stand in anyone's way of their dreams? or to tell them it isn't possible? Where would the human race be if people listened to " it can't be done."

People come on here for advice, help, support and encouragement and thankfully the previous posters speak from experience and have offered that.

Well 20below I did explore that option. Here's the problem I have with it. From the front of the doors back its different and ideally I would want a 6.0/gt so for the 6.0/gt from the front of the doors the fenders is wider.
    Basically by the time I'm done getting that body to the specs I'd like it to be not to much is the same. If I went affolter styling on it it wouldn't even be recognizable as the same body. 20below I do appreciate the "positive" comment though.
    I'm not looking to start a pissing match with NC and I am very thankful that with all his skill and experience with CNC he can help others but couldn't be bothered to share his thoughts on progressing this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 20below View Post
    Thank you for your supportive & constructive input.

I was attempting to perhaps tactfully help steer someone to a completely respectable and realizable goal.
    I can empathize with dreaming big and not necessarily having a firm grasp on the reality of what might be possible.
    Isn't that a facet of this forum.....to seek out what is possible and what has come before? We all start from inexperience and humble beginnings.
    Who am I to stand in anyone's way of their dreams? or to tell them it isn't possible? Where would the human race be if people listened to " it can't be done."

People come on here for advice, help, support and encouragement and thankfully the previous posters speak from experience and have offered that.
    I was referring to how grammatically bad post number 4 was. It was very hard to read.

I tend to write, change my mind... Rewrite and sometimes don't notice my poor "grammar" choices. However I'm not going to start another pissing match with you NC. I also don't make snarky useless comments on other people's threads about stupidity. So ill ask you nicely to either have constructive input or simply don't post. Your a cnc guy that could actually provide insight and shed light on the topic. I've seen some of your cnc work and honestly between seeing ikaros design work and what you've done with the cnc machine you have, you two are the reason I'm thinking my body design can even be done.

It's just ashame, grammatically correct enough?