Thread: Importing My DNA Help.... ugh!

Question Importing My DNA Help.... ugh!

Headaches... $460 in additional fees and who knows what else I have to pay customs taxes amount for I'm so effin sick of all this. Trying to get my DNA kit from the warehouse here in Seattle but the Broker I picked is a freakin idiot and seems like I been doing all the work. 1st it was him saying I need it NHTSA verified as a "body" when I told as the invoice states "Panels" not body. Now last thing.... I'm hoping is the lighting I can get help with from you guys, what do I tell him for lighting kit?

Email: The classification for other parts & accessories of vehicle bodies for your panels does not require DOT reporting. However, I am getting the same flag with the "lighting kit". Can you give me a better idea of what this is? Are these just parts to add to your current lights signals?

Your broker does realize that these are all racecar parts and not for highway use, right?

Incomplete, extra, race car panels, to be used as spares for a not for street use private race car. Off road use only panels.

Thanks guys... that's what i told him just as I did the panels a few days ago. I was in a pinch finding a Broker same day my crate was getting loaded on the boat so I needed a isf forms filed within an hour. They were the only ones who I found who could and did do it.

I feel you on this one. I've imported parts three times now. The sellers just send the stuff your way and aren't too much help and as you said, you feel like you end up doing most of the work yet there is that nice big broker's fee you get in the mail later. You're always waiting for the other shoe to drop because you never know what the ultimate cost is going to be......you can't weigh that in the whether to purchase or not decision making process ahead of time. Then you have the added stress of storage fees accumulating if the process to get it through takes too long. You'd like to get a jump on what forms they'll need but you never know exactly what the requirements will be until you're notified by someone.The last broker admitted to me that it's crazy what the government makes them go through now on an administrative and bureaucrative and paperwork level. It never used to be like that. Now, I always think twice before sourcing stuff out of country because of the headaches and the thought of is it really going to end up cheaper in the long run? It's pretty much only when I just can't get it here in the US that I do it now. 8-(

IM about to loose it with this coppersmiths broker in Seattle.... after I have stated everything Again to them by email this is what I get again this morning.

Email: What is the lighting kit? Can you give me a better idea of what this is? Are these just parts to add to your current lights signals or all together new lights?

From memory of bringing my DNA kit in, there is an option for something like 'car components that need further modification or manufacture (or something like that) before use.'

That's the box I had my broker select and the rest was easy.

There are a couple of watchouts - don't choose anything that states they are completed parts ready for use, as this will require demonstration that they have met the various standards when attached to the vehicle. Don't mention completed bumpers, lights, parts that affect the ease of criminal entry into a car / safe exit etc (door handles).

Make sure what you claim to have in the crate are panels etc that require further manufacturing process before they can be used.

Hope this helps

Maybe now you have mentioned lights, it may be best to say that these are components for a lighting system that still have to be machined before adding other components to make lighting systems for your car.

I can see where they are going with this and why they are asking. They are just doing their job to their best ability by the sounds of it. :/