Thread: Relocating the Gas Filler

Relocating the Gas Filler

(building a Countach)
    I have cut the gas filler neck and located in the air duct
    area .. now how do I connect it backup?

I was thinking of getting some muffler pipe bent appropriately then connecting it with fuel hose (which I have a).

Is this the way others have done it?
    Visit My KitCarOnLine Blog<br />http://www.kitcaronline.ca and Links Site at http://www.kitcars.ca

Re: Relocating the Gas Filler

What I have seen in the past is guys using a section of fuel safe tubing clamped to both the fuel door housing outlet and the fuel pipe inlet (also the fuel vent tube - smaller diabeter).

This not only makes the connection but allows for some small degree of flexibility between a rigid steel frame and a fiberglass body.

Any other suggestions?

DKOV -

I'd be very interested in different methods as well

Ari

I am also thinking about using a custom bent piece of exhaust pipe, And using the fuel hose to connect it. However I think the best way would be to use the gas filler hose by itself. The only problem on a countach is the bend it needs to make. I have a 2 foot piece of the hose but it will not bend very much. I am going to call a local company that makes the fuel hose and see if it is possible to get a piece bent somehow ???. I will let you know if I come up with anything, Hope this helps.

Trevor,

Sounds a bit like me .. I have fuel hose about 1ft. But no
    way is it going to bend ..
    Visit My KitCarOnLine Blog<br />http://www.kitcaronline.ca and Links Site at http://www.kitcars.ca

I was thinking of just moving the hole on my 355's body to where the fuel filler currently is

kitcarnut

Daryl #1 idea was mine choice,but you need that overflow tube .It took me 1/2hr to put in two bucks of gas . so out she goes and I put Saturn filler neck joint by 90 deg. fuel hose (out of Ford gas tank) and overflow by smaller hose. No problemos.

Every one that doesn't know better, make sure you use the fuel safe rubber hose. For those who don't know what these guys are talking about, regular rubber hose will melt from the gas. I've seen a fiero that someone brought me to change the fuel pump, well it wasn't the fuel pump, someone changed the pump before and used regular rubber hose and ther wasn't much left to it.
    www.exoticglass1.com

kitcarnut

Daryl I'm sorry .I used late Cav-Sunfire filler neck ,cut bit off at the end and coupled with hose out of other gas tank more like Ford Taurus/Sable. I'm working for two dif.chop shops so dont realy remember whar's out of what.hope it helps Ed