Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seeking information about Miura

C5GTO, notice that there is a full size spare tire in the front of a Miura. People ask me all the time why I bothered putting a full size spare in the Chupacabra, and it is for the same reason. My spare is located even farther forward, it's centerline is slightly forward of the front axle centerline. Sixty five pounds over the front axle does worlds of good for overall balance while only effecting pendulum weight nominally. Moving the fuel tank and radiators forward also helped to give me a good balance.

Quote Originally Posted by 76mx View Post
    C5GTO, notice that there is a full size spare tire in the front of a Miura. People ask me all the time why I bothered putting a full size spare in the Chupacabra, and it is for the same reason. My spare is located even farther forward, it's centerline is slightly forward of the front axle centerline. Sixty five pounds over the front axle does worlds of good for overall balance while only effecting pendulum weight nominally. Moving the fuel tank and radiators forward also helped to give me a good balance.
    Yes, I'm sure this is a situation where designing for a full sized spare tire is a good idea. I've been driving around in my Cobra without a spare for 25 years and sort of forget about having a spare tire. The advice I've been given by Pete is to put everything of any weight that you can as far forward as feasible. He went through some design iterations on another car with transverse mid-engine prior to his '37 and even more design iterations on the '37. I've been watching your videos and reading the build thread on the Chupacabra. I'm very impressed by what you've done!
    Joel Heinke
    Be original; don't be scared of being bold!