Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using corvette spindles n brakes

Using corvette spindles n brakes

Anybody ever done it? Im having a hard time finding wheels for my f40 kit and even less in 5x100. Ill be fabbing new rear control arms n half shafts so I dont need a big spacer. Wondering if anybodys tried it, couldnt find any threads on it, just swapping parts to fiero brakes

shem

Ask camaroman he is on this forum He used rear components from C5 on his chassis or are you trying to make rear suspension like this http://mychimaera.com/imgs/2011-07-3...lded_0x_75.jpg
    Last edited by chimaera; 05-22-2018 at 02:45 PM.

Iím using c5 spindles, hubs, brakes and arms . The selection of 5x4.75 pattern is horrible . I settled on Vette ZR1 wheels .

Quote Originally Posted by TRcrazy View Post
    Iím using c5 spindles, hubs, brakes and arms . The selection of 5x4.75 pattern is horrible . I settled on Vette ZR1 wheels .
    Plenty of meat there to re-drill, though.

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

I'm using them also and have some extra rears if you want them cheap. I'm in San Diego. Let me know
    Chip Smith
    csdilligaf at cox dot net

Looking for some way to get some nice brakes without spending a fortune on brembo or baer kits, didnt know theres not much in the 5x4.75. I can redrill wheels, more the offset im worried about. i do want some nice deep lips, just not the 6" lip I have on the rears right now. Still finishing up the body, then air bags, then interior, then hopefully ill have found some wheels/brakes to use.

Thanks for the replies

shem

Shemdogg, six piston Wilwood Dynapro calipers (powdercoated red), along with drilled and slotted rotors, are going to be about 20% of the price for Brembo carbon ceramic. The hat and rotor are separate pieces so you can pick your bolt pattern, pick your offset, then pick your rotor diameter. Hubs that are the same dimensions of the C5 and C6 but with 100MM and 110MM bolt patterns are also a common part. When you mention offset, if you are talking about brake caliper offset, you can get any hat offset you want. The 6" lip makes me think you are talking about wheel offset. If so, no matter what brakes you use, the hubface dimension will not change and none of the brake setup has any effect on changing the wheel offset.

For calipers I used Wilwood Forged Super Light 6 piston FSL6R #120-13236 from Speedway motors for like $254 each. They are Radial mount so you can make a bracket to put them where you need them to locate. For wheels I used C6 Z06 wheels Stock OEM wheels made by Speedline in Italy and picked them up for $600. The ForgeStar F14 wheel is awesome and comes in 5x4.75 bolt pattern and in any diameter, width, offset and dish that you could dream of for about $1300 a set.
    Last edited by csdilligaf; 05-26-2018 at 05:31 PM.

Depending on the year of the Fiero (or more importantly, the year suspension you have, there are very cost effective alternates out there.

Pennock's mall has several vendors that sell upgrades. I also have a thread on making your own 13" brakes for 88 front, using Mustang rotors and GM f-body (or Corvette) calipers and hardware. My back rotors are 10" using heavy duty spindles and bearings from Celebrity wagon.

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Another option could be BMW e60/e63 M5/M6.
    Nice big brakes at a reasonable price.
    Cheers
    Jose'