Thread: Fiero stinger/308 body kits?

Fiero stinger/308 body kits?

Hi, I recently acquired all parts to do an EV conversion for a fiero and ended up with an engine-less 1988 fiero , I hate the way this particular fiero looks

I was looking to see if I could find a body kit for it, or if it would just be cheaper to find and purchase a mera, the drivetrain I have made for the fiero chassis should get 0-60s of under 5 seconds assuming the weight isn't much more than the stock fiero weight after changes to the body, with a range of about 90 miles (can be improved but batteries are expensive, fiero has lots of room for more)

That being said, does anyone have any 1980s euro style kit cars or kits for sale? Or know where to get one

Another thing, is being on a fiero chassis as you might guess, I am on a budget of about 10k$ (student project/daily driver), otherwise I'm going to look into 3d printing and finishing pieces myself ("duraflex" otherwise known as an ABS plastic blend is easy to print and have prices lock together and be finished, I'd just have to 3d model the kit parts , which would be the difficult bit)

PS willing to trade a 2005 BMW z4 2.5i with 68k miles for a running mera that can drive back to new orleans

Sounds like it will be an interesting build. EVM_Rob on here sells a 308 kit for the Fiero. One other option could be to convert the 88 panels over to a fastback Fiero as those are much nicer looking than the notch backs. I assume you got a notch back as those are certainly the less attractive version.

I also have a line on a Fiero fastback IMSA body kit if you want to pm me for info. Not sure if the fellow still has it but it was reasonably priced for the kit.

You can head over to http://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin/fiero/Ul...assCookie=true Pennock's Fiero forum and get some more info on these if you are not already over there.

Cheers and good luck. Would be interested to see the build progress as well
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Love to see this build progress!
    Don't want to sidetrack the thread but: Don - check your PM's please?

Hey guys, thanks for the replies, I don't have much right now aside from the transmission adapter plate for a Hyper9 switched reluctance motor, and I'm really waiting on good batteries to come in on freight, might take more than a month, as for pictures I am working with this guy:

I do have pictures of what it would like like under the deck though with a 1985 nissan sentra I've converted (front engine front wheel drive 5 speed manual)

Looking good on the Sentra conversion.

Thought you might get a bang out of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rANa5ETkyQ

Quote Originally Posted by TDW View Post
    Looking good on the Sentra conversion.

Thought you might get a bang out of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rANa5ETkyQ
    Yeah! The company consulted on that (EVwest in san diego) was a big inspiration and it was after I saw their shop I was pretty convinced to put the nissan together
    (more pictures/video of that here )

I'm also still in the process of actually purchasing this fiero so it might fall flat, still looking into finding a chassis though because I like how simple the fiero chassis is...that and I have the transmission adapter plate and shaft coupler etc already haha

PS TDW, would you be able to get a hold of EVM_rob? I PM'd him but figured you might know the guy
    Last edited by whizz-lad; 08-24-2019 at 11:37 PM. Reason: addition

I have the last email addy he provided, and yes, I have dealt with him in the past.

Also, as a "footnote"... I have an 88' Fiero chassis w/ttops that has a Fejer 308 kit sitting on it, (basically the same kit that Rob made his molds from), ...no drive train in it, but I also have the 88' cradle set up for a 3800 (actually have one on it right now) that I've contemplated letting go, as I recently acquired a complete Stinger kit from CA that runs and drives, just needs gone through, refurbished and painted!

But the last email I have for Rob is: evmotorsports@yahoo.com that was from 2017 when I bought some interior stuff from him.

Should you be at all interested in the 88' /308kit stuff I have, shoot me a pm or an email: sgwfiberglass@gmail.com

Rob makes nice things, I got my 308 light and emblem kit from him also.
    Last edited by TDW; 08-25-2019 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Kant spel gud.

That looks to be a very nice Indy clone. You can probably sell most of it off at PFF.

Good luck with the project.

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif