Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 512 windshield??

512 windshield??

As most of us all know the 512 replicas uses an "extended" windshield. my question is ...where is this windshield originally from? What make?

what is the stock wheel base of the fiero?

Help anyone? ??? :-/
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Re: 512 windshield??

As I understand it, the windshield is usually available from the body manufacturer, and they are happy to sell it to you for about a million bucks. A friend in Boston says he used a newer style Chrysler Sebring windshield that fit quite well. [a bit of bodywork needed at the bottom of the posts] He used a Neon wiper motor/pivot assembly with the Neon plastic trim for the bottom of the glass. I have the Neon stuff, just waiting for a cracked throwaway Sebring windshield to show up at a local autoglass shop. Then I'll make a test fit.
    Another knowledgeable forum member actually had a windshield made for his Koenig version in Montreal. Sandy, are you reading this?l
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

360_wannabe.... Who produced your Replica. I may have a glass company that can help you. Would you have any measurements of what you require.
    Sandy

I dont have a kit ........yet... :

I just finished getting my quotes on having 360 C.A.D. Files completed.I am negotiating the cost of having the body sculpted in Balsa Foam. From there I will have the bodies made (possibly 2). I just wanted to know as I figured the windshield used for the 512 replica would create a more authentinc look. I'll have to have a closer look at the sebring.

Any other sugestions?

I just had the windshiield replaced in my 512 Corson and it took the factory fiero windshield. Granted, it's less than authenic, but it only cost $149 (aftermarket) and they came to my garage & put it in! What 512 are you talking about ?

What windshield does the hi-tech 512tr, creative cars 512tr, Fancy Cars 512tr*and I believe ck3 512tr use these "extended" windshields. I just wish i knew what vehicle they originated from.

The Hi Tech 512tr says that the windshield is glass from a very popular car and cost only about $150.00

I am too intrested in using a diffrent winshield in my testarossa replica. The guy that built the 512TR on this site www.geocities.com/irarref215 used a windshied from a 1992 acura integra gs sedan. I have tried to e-mail him several times with no luck on getting build information from him. As for the Fancy cars 512TR , to my best knowledge he still uses the fiero windshield. As for the Creative Cars 512TR , i talk to the owner now and then, i might be able to get some answers, one guy said you use a geo storm windshield, i have yet to get some measurements to see if any of them will work.

I've heard of some 512 kits using a windshield from a chevy lumina/pontiac transport

Hey yall! This is my first post. I DID use a acura W/S with some mods to bring the inner pillars in towards the center. This creates a rather large pillar that you have to look around even though I only widened it about 1". let me know if you need any help.

Re:512 windshield??

i think your 512 is awesome and i also like your website