Thread: Reattaching original front end on my car?

Reattaching original front end on my car?

I was thinking of another posibility for my car - removing the 355 front frame support and having the original fiero front welded back on, then putting original fiero body panels back on the car and keep it as a fiero convertible, sell only the 355 body kit.

Is this feasible, to re-attach the fiero front end?

Here's an old pic of the modifications done to my front end:

Re: Reattaching original front end on my car?

Ari
    Yes, it's feasible, but it will be very time consuming and unless you pay a professional shop it might not come out evenly align and it will be pricey.
    Why are you thinking about not finishing up your project? have you gotten to the point where it's extremely frustrating and you just want to get rid of it? if that is the case, I have been there and sometimes one just needs to keep on going. Man you are more than 1/2 way there and you have most of your parts even the interior. If you were to finish this project it would be very rewarding at the end.
    If you want to talk send me a private message.

That sounds like more work than finishing the kit body.First off you would have to go to a junkyard and have them cut off the pannels that you would need.Chances are that you didnt remove your pannels by drilling out the spot wields,and takeing great care not to damage them :-/ (who would?) So if you just cut any major structure pannels,you would have to sleeve them.it just seemes like too much work.Whats wrong with your kit? Is it just mounting the body thats a problem?Maybe I can help

There's no problem with the kit or the project, the problem is with me - I live in London, Ontario at University, and the car is in Toronto, Ontario (2 hours away from each other). I don't really have a garage in London to work on the car, so for the last few months the car has just been sitting.

My Parent's in Toronto would like it out of their garage sometime, although they're not kicking me out of it anytime soon.

I've been trying to figure out the best way to extract the most value from the project, and finishing the car myself isn't exactly an option right now as I won't physically have enough time until this semester's over to work on it. I'd like to have a car in London though, and so that it was I proposed this idea.

And Hence me trying to sell it before.

Worse comes to worse (or better!) I'll just hold onto it a few more months and work on it once I return home for the summer.

Well I think it's a good idea..because then people like me have a good opportunity for a kit! JKS!

Hmm...i'm sure you can get a lot of donations of body parts from friends (PFF too) and you can get all the parts together and do what you want. I think it would be easier to sell a kit then sell a 1/2 finished kit car. So good luck and hopefully what i gave you will help a little?
    Steven Rossi<br />~Kit Car Wanted~

Steve: The stuff you gave me already has some fiberglass resin on it, once I get my film developed (Digicam is in London) I'll be able to post some pics of what I've been up to.

Ari

Well Ari It is possible. But All the time / work to re attach all the fiero panels / line them up, exc. For the same amount of time you could be pretty close to finishng up your kit and have it ready for paint IMHO. Anyways if you would like to do it I would say contact "jelly2m8" from fiero.nl. He has done this before, I even saw the fiero he cut the front end off of in the junk yard. If I remember corectly he did the repair on a Fiero that had front end damage. Hope this helps

Trevor,