Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THIS is what I'm talking about...

THIS is what I'm talking about...

Even though this is a great looking kit, this "gap" bothers me to no end. How do you all live with it?

We need to put our heads together and figure out how to fill this gap and give some "closure" to these IFG splash stretch kits...

Any ideas?

No bashing, just trying to conceptualize

DKOV -

Re: THIS is what I'm talking about...

Oh... and why did somebody take the time to photoshop out the FLOOR?

Odd...

DKOV -

DKOV - If one wants perfection one doesn't buy a IFG clone, one gets him or herself a mirage.

Ari

But isn't there a way to fix that for the IFG'ers? Wouldn't you think that we could put our heads together and FIX that?

Something other than just hacking off the underside of the door, I mean.

DKOV -

Maybe after I finish my current fiberglass project I'll attempt to fix that....

87ferrari

Haven't posted here but I do have to agree with DKOV entirely! I really don't know how anyone can live with that gap, although if one looks as hard as I did for a Mirage kit and not find one - I understand. Something is better than nothing, then again I ended up running into DKOV and he was nice enough to "allow" me to receive a Mirage Spyder kit!

I can understand where everyone else has to settle for the other IFG splashes, I guess I was just patient enough to wait for a Mirage to drop in my lap.

Thanks DKOV, making room for the "new arrival" as we speak!

BW

Hey BW!!! Great to see you on the Forum!!! You should stop by and see the latest progress with my project.

Lot's to talk about!

That spyder is SWEET! I'm really glad you're getting it! It will be nice to have a couple of Mirages in the area.

As for the wait... how long was it for you? Year and a half? More?

DKOV -

87ferrari

Wait, boy let me think. It had to have been at least a year and a half, maybe even 2 years that I looked. I actually almost gave up looking.

I do need to get up there and check out the progress. I have been so busy at work I think I had to have logged at LEAST 60 hours last week. Doing ALOT of computer updates, something you could appreciate as I have to wait until after hours to do it.

I have been watching the forum for about 3 or 4 months, just never had anything to contribute as I had no kit yet.

Thanks for the legwork on the kit by the way, sorry I haven't been in closer contact - just been busy. I will try to make some plans to swing by this weekend to check things out. I have to do a computer install for my buddy (the one you met) this weekend at his shop so I might give you a ring.

I might have to go up to Seattle this weekend to as I bought 2 more Fiero's last weekend. An 86 and 87, both GT's with an extra engine for $800.

Talk at you soon,
    BW

You guys have the room to store extra fieros?? I barely have room to store the body and the car!

87ferrari

Ari, no room for everything just yet - but working on it. My house looks like a used car lot though, that is including my neighbor of course!

BW