Thread: Help with Tire size for Lamborghini

Help with Tire size for Lamborghini

Hey,

I am looking at a used set of tires they are 345x35xZR15 for the rear
    I have 15x10 inch rims my kit is an IFG Countach 25th
    will they be to tall for the wheel well and can I put a 35
    on a 10 inch rim sorry for the stupid question but I dont want to spend the money on something that wont fit
    thanks
    chris

Re: Help with Tire size for Lamborghini

hey lambo 25th.
    yep you have the right size tires for the rear. The best deal i found was thru tire rack. they have sales near christmas time. I also saw some on e-bay motors under countach. they were the yokahamas..the price was not met yet. Anyway did you lower with eibach springs? (Rays suggestion). If you did the stance will look right. Are you using the compomotive rims?
    Talk to you soon.
    mike

Hey Mike
    Thanks for the reply I think my rims are the compomotive rims I purchased the kit sight unseen and was told it had real lamborghini rims but they are only 10 inch doesn't the real lambo use 14 inch on the rear
    I have yet to lower it but is there a link where the eibach springs are discussed
    Thanks,

Don't do it!!! Those tires are more than 13 1/2 inches at the bead. It will be very difficult to squeeze then on to a 10" rim and will not look good. I put a 335 on a 11" rim and it does not look that good, that was squeezing them in an inch on either side. You can have the rims widened, there is a company here in Calgary that does it for race wheels and trucks. It is about 150 per wheel. That works good, but you have to be careful. I know that even with the non stock springs you might only be able to put on a 10" wheel under the fender. Measure about 13" up above the rear hub, then measure from the spring out to the fender, this is the maximum size tire you can install without it either rubbing on the spring or sitting outside the fender.

I'm wrong, sorry. Those tires need to be on 12'' wide rims.
    Looking closer at those rims they may be from centerline, they have a 10" that is similiar. Dont worry about buying those big tires, go with what will fit,maybe 285's. The people at tire rack are very helpful and deliver to your door. When you do have them mounted make sure the place has the special installer for custom wheels, so the rims will not be damaged. Sorry again for the mis info.
    mike

I agree. I went with Dunlop GT 295s from tirerack. Gives
    you a bit of room since the offsets may not be correct for
    the rims you have.
    Visit My KitCarOnLine Blog<br />http://www.kitcaronline.ca and Links Site at http://www.kitcars.ca

I used 305/50/15 Euro T/As on the rear, they fit the 10" rims fine but the profile looks a bit high. They should have been more like a 305/40. 225/50/15 on a 7" rim is perfect for the front.