Thread: power window on Countach

kitcarnut

power window on Countach

does anybody knows how to set up regulator on countach doors? what do you use or whatever. 99% of people I talked to even a show cars owners dont have PW. most are fixed or no glass bottom.

Re: power window on Countach

Kitcarnut, no, I don't have an answer for you as I believe the angle of the door to the door window is offset enough that the window will not have the required space to drop down into the door frame. That is why so many build "fold in half" side windows, or a "slider" within a side window. I think that's one of the reasons the Diablo was produced.... to fix the Countach's error in the door window design.
    Sandy

To help , I have a friend down in Houston ,Texas, The ownwer of Easton-armstrong. he builds countach and the 25th replicas. I can Ask him what he does, it might take a while but can get you a answer. If you want to call Him.The name of his new company is Jemco Exhaust 1-713-461-3834. his name is Jon Easton.He also builds racing exhaust for motorcycles and cars. Hope this helps.

Jam1875

kitcarnut

Thank you boys,I was bit of a smart ass,cause after years of scratching my head and case after case of some brew I come up with mechanism and powered to make it work.Tomorow I"ll post some pics. but still would like to know what other builders use. There was com.in Texas Kustom Motorcars ( Bill Kester) n he did some real headturner,based on Prova.anyway he had PW n rest of the toys. Ed

kitcarnut

here are some pics of power window and regulator on mine Countach door.home made and it will fit only my frame set up,but the idea should work on any Countach replica.