Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F355 Air Ram Kit

F355 Air Ram Kit

Has anyone come up with a Ram Air Kit to make the door scoops on the F355 functional? Extra HP would be nice. or even to redirect heat of engine away from passenger compartment. Wouldn't think it would be that hard but why reinvent the wheel.
    What was I thinking??!!  I could have a VR4 Spyder for this kind of money.

Re: F355 Air Ram Kit

I don't know about "RAM air" but on my kit the work in progress invloves the Driver's Side duct forcing air into the custom Airbox with K&N Filter pipping air to the Turbo while the Passenger side duct contains an additional Oil Cooler.

These are "functional" ducts but not ram air.

Does that count?

DKOV -

I built a few scoops for my Mirage Kit that worked very well. They were made in an "L" Shape, gathered air from the door scoop to charge the engine compartment and air intake. I though it was a drag on the car like driving with a parachute open. The rear bumper is solid on a Mirage and causes drag as well. I later went to a Watson kit to correct the problems with the bumper.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

I use the door scoops on FunnyWheels 3 to cool the oil by placing oil coolers in the rear quarter panel fed by the door scoop. At the top of the scoop I also have a vent pipe that goes over the rear tire inside the quarter panel feeding fresh air into the intake. It really works well. An OEM 355 is set up the same way.

I plan to feed the air intake for my turbo using this system on the drivers side, the passenger side will blow air through the intercooler then vented out through the 355 deck lid and Challenge grill.

The white box is the mock up for the intercooler. Ducting fed from the door vents will feed under the intercooler blocking the heat d=from the turbo as an added benefit.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I will be using the drivers side door vent to feed air the my stock engine. As for RAMing, that does not work below Mach 0.7. The good news is that the cold air will be good for HP. But then again, the OEM fiero box was already a cold intake system.

Hey Dave. Are you planing on running a water sprayer to the inter-cooler? The Subaru guys have been betting some good results with a cheep set up that is a made from the windshield washer sprayer and a small pump.

I didn't think of the water spray thing. It must be to keep the air cool and condensed under pressure. Do you have a referance site so I can look up the information? I haven't planned on using one, only an intercooler.

Thanks,

Dave

http://www.scoobytuner.com/products/...&productID=159
    http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/t...spraying_test/
    http://www.j-garage.com/subaru/impreza/gdb/sti.htm

I plan on using a water spray system on my other kit car. It has dual rear radiators with limited air flow. I will use the water spray on the radiators during low speeds.

THERE ARE TWO DIFERENT WAS TO USE WATER SPRAYERS AS INTERCOOLERS OR TO AUGMENT THE INTERCOOLER.sorry not yelling.just forgot to hit caps lock.anyway,one way is to spray water on the existing intercooler.the other is to spray water inside the intake tract.both have a cooling effect on the air charge.just a little more to think about FUNNY WHEELS.

Just out of interest, anyone know what the scoops in the back of the rear windows feed ? (OEM version)

Quote Originally Posted by nick200
    Just out of interest, anyone know what the scoops in the back of the rear windows feed ? (OEM version)

The scoops at the tail end of the rear 1/4 window contains a 3 inch tube that feeds air into the air box.
    Attached Images Attached Images