Thread: Alternative source for custom built kitcar wheels

Alternative source for custom built kitcar wheels

For those of you facing the $1600 + [us] of custom built wheels from companies like Compomotive, I have found another source. This company builds steel wheels for racecars, and street vehicles. They start with a steel rim, chromeplate it if you wish in 15, 16 or 17. Your choice of width. They weld in the center in your bolt pattern, at your offset needed. Cost is at least half of Compomotive type wheels.
    Anybody need their address? www.diamondracingwheels.com Ask for Bill
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

Re: Alternative source for custom built kitcar whe

Thanks for the tip Daleford, I am going to see what they can do for me. I really dont want to take the chance with wheel adaptors.

One drawback I failed to mention, is they only have a couple choices in centers, and they tend to be "stockcar " style. That is with a circle of holes that look like "O" or "D" My plan would be for a chrome rim with a black center. If your rims are a bit dished anyway, it is hard to see the center.
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

I browsed thru their site. And I noticed that. There all steel, racing type wheels. No alloys. If your building a Ferrari or Lambo kit, none of those would look very good. Some would look OK on a muscle stock Fiero. I use Team III wheels in Calif. they make Ferrari and Cobra/GT 40 type wheels for around $275 @. I dont know about Lambo style. Fiero bolt pattern, any offset you want. Painted, polished or chrome. Direct bolt on, no adapters needed. So saving the cost of adapters more than makes up for wheel price, and as safe as OEM.