Thread: Please help with roof chop

Please help with roof chop

hello my name is jonathan.i am new to this group. ive been doing car audio/paint and body for over 9 years now(not bad for a 22 year old) anyway this is my problem i have a 86 mr2 i want to cut the roof and make a f355 convert. if there is anyone who can help me please do so. any other questions you think i can help with just let me know thanx.

Re: Please help with roof chop

I've never built a MR2 but I'm guessing its going to be very similar to the fiero as far as the chop. Can you post some pics?
    You must do ALL your bracing to the vehicle before anything is cut! I used 1"x2" sq tube for the X-frame under the car. And the same
    1"x2" on the rockers. On the MR2 I don't think there is room for the rocker bracing though. There are a few guys on here that have
    built the MR2 and can answer this better. Some people use tubing in ther interior of the vehicle too. Almost like a roll cage to brace the door openings. this works very well.

David

Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

Re: Please help with roof chop

You can pick up some pointers by typeing the words, Going Topless in the Search: box at or near the top of the web page.Take your time befor doing any cutting,you may want to get everyones opinyon befor cutting (pics of were you would like to cut might help forum members) .
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!