Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have a few questions AD 355

I have a few questions AD 355

ok i have a few questions that i think some of you should be able to help me out with. ok here they are.

How are you guys latching the decklid/trunk down? are you using the fieros old one? For people keeping the trunk. How are you guys water proofing the trunk area so no water will get in? Also the open area between the cabin and the engine compartment how are u guys noiseproofing and heatand fire proofing it?
    To Duane: Have you completed the schematics for the tail lights to work just like the real ones using the fiero wires?
    To saturn headlights users: how did u wire them up?
    And the million dollar question..... How are you guys building your tops?? I think thats all....FOR NOW.

Re: I have a few questions AD 355

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicilian Jr.
    To Duane: Have you completed the schematics for the tail lights to work just like the real ones using the fiero wires?
    I have it done on paper. I am still trying to get my scanner and adobe to produce the best PDF. Any help would be nice.
    I'm still tweeking the computer part of it.

The saturn headlights will be easiest to install if you can get the '87 '88 "headlight door module" from a donor fiero.* Since you have an '86 or below, you unfortunatly don't have this piece and you will have to find one and wire it up.

On an 87 or 88, it's mounted on the outside of the chassis, on the left front headlight bucket.* It is a small black box, about 6" x 6" by 1".* This will control the headlights, even the saturn lights, with the factory headlight switch.* Turn the light switch on they go up, turn the light switch off, they go down.* No special holding the button thing.* No internal/external grounding mumbo jumbo to have to worry about.* If I was in your shoes, this is how I would fix the delmia. Piece of cake.

Here is the PDF so that you can wire this thing in yourself,* VERY EASY....* Hardest part is finding the module, AND MAKE SURE YOU GET THE PIGTAIL WITH IT.* Go shopping at your local salvage yard.* I know ALL the 87 and 88 fieros have this.* It's possible other GM (pontiac) vehicles have it too, I just don't know.

PDF to hook up your switch and this _module_ to saturn light motors.

http://www.ferrari355kit.com/pdf/headlight_doors.pdf

Best of Luck

By The Way, this RED square shows the location of the module you will need at the salvage yard.* 87 and 88 only. DRIVERS SIDE

I sure looks like you can do the same wiring with four 5 terminal standard relays. The aftermarket power door lock modules appear to do the same function described in the drawing. A 5 terminal relay costs about $8.00.

I don't have a AD kit but I used the stock electric rear hatch release and moved it to the bottom. Then all I needed to worry about was a 5/16" rod to line up with it.

If you make a second flip up door after the engine cover is lifted this will solve your truck problems. Simply use a FRP sheet from HomeDepot on a metal frame

Noiseproofing??? The engine cover is full of holes, noise and heat proofing an area 2 inches forward won't be very noticable on a spider. With the roof up however this is a different story. Use the same FRP sheet and fasten it into place with some foil coated insulation like you would find in a water heater or furnace.

As far as the roof goes, what can I say, I like my idea best.
    http://stweb.peel.edu.on.ca/sssweb/T.../slideroof.wmv

Just my 2 cents

Jim

oh yea i remember another question! What are you guys doing about the low front end and scraping? i was thinking of putting a metal plate under it that cant be seen unless you are under the car.

jdinner did you say you got those sliders from princess auto? is there a part number?
    Brad

Most of the front ends scrape when going straight on into a driveway or other such hill in the road. If you get used to slowing down and taking them at a slight angle you might avoid the scrape.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

If you need the 88 headlight module let me know. I have an extra out in the garage that I saw the other day...
    http://www.fiero-performance.com/misc/songman355a.gif      Fiero-Performance.com      [url=http://www.fiero-performance.com/coastrun/]2nd Annual California Coast Run[/url

You can also get the headlight door module from '88 to (I think) '94 Cameros, Firebirds, or Transams. I got one from a wrecked Firebird for $4 when I pulled it myself.
    Also, these cars have the module in the engine compartment where it is a lot easier to find and remove than from a Fiero.
    Good luck, Egor
    "Of all the things I have lost during my lifetime, I miss my mind the most."