Thread: countache kit from macs auto body

countache kit from macs auto body

anyone have the kit that mac sells for $4995. if so is it worth the price of admission?

Re: countache kit from macs auto body

I don't like this body

In my personal opinion... Euroworks Mirage S is the ONLY Countach kit out there. D&R puts out a Countach that sounds like it has some quality, but I don't know for sure. Stay away from IFG. I'm not a fan of Mac's kit myself either, and I haven't heard whether his quality is actually good or not.

If you can, try to arrange a visit to the place you are going to buy the kit from and really look at it for quality... the kit body itself... not a completed turnkey. Some things to check for are body panel alignment... doors especially, warpage in the body, symetry, and don't be afraid to bring a collection of actual Countach photos and find out where the hood, door, trunk lines are and compare to the kit's sizes/lines/positions. I did all this after I bought an IFG kit and now I don't see a countach when I look at it... just a kit car.

Good Luck. Just know that most of the kits out there for around $5000 will usually require MUCH more prep/body work and modifying than the more expensive kits will.

kitcarnut

non stretched kit, they are OK but I would add two more Grand and buy real look a like Countach or 25th .
    basicaly same amount of time to build.to make a realy good looking Lambo of any kind, it takes whole lot of time and money. lot of people thinks that a donor car and 5 thousand, thats all I need. Yeah right!!

I have a D&R 25th non stretch and it is a realy nice kit. The fit and finish is far nicer than most.
    Steve

kitcarnut

friend of mine has one of the D&R 25th non stretched and it looks nice , you can't even tell it is on stock frame.

but the Macs body ..........?

Hi guys, I think mine is a Mac's, but not sure.* It looks like it because of the side greats in the rocker panels....

My friend bought a mac kit back in the day that they were popular (15 years ago?). He built it, and he did a great job with the car, but it wasn't that great of a kit. I'm not talking about the glass work, I'm taking about the fit of the doors, and the look of the car, looks like a 4 wheel drive countach). For the amount of work you have to go through for a countach kit, get a good kit. Euro works (still around 5,000 for the body I think), or the best diablo kit around, D&R's. I don't know what countach kits D&R offer's, but their diablo kits are excellent. I didn't even think Mac was still in business. And I really can't believe his kit are still selling for 5,000, I think 3000 would be steep for that body. Good luck.
    bob
    Hudson, NY

Here is the 25 Th. I've got. I'm real pleased with it.