Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: exhaust

exhaust

Is anybody using a cat. or cats. and just Monza tips? I was thinking about doing this but not really sure if it would be too loud. By the way I am going for a deep power sound.
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

Re: exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by GSXRBOBBY
    Is anybody using a cat. or cats. and just Monza tips? I was thinking about doing this but not really sure if it would be too loud. By the way I am going for a deep power sound.
    I am using cat monza tips with camaro flow master TO Loud After car is done I will change it out Flow masters sound good but its not what I want from this car.

GSXRBOBBY: I am using dual cats, 2 1/4" and the dual tipped monza tips. I also am running timing gears , I've only had it run in my shop
    and haven't had it on the street yet. But its pretty loud. It's def a deep powerful sound if that's what you're going for. but its loud

David

EEExotic
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

What engine are you going with?
    A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

I am using a SBC ZZ4 crate motor,

EEExotic
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

What engine do you have or are you planning on installing a larger engine later?One of the things to look for is volume,this will give you an agressive sound,also the inlet and outlet diameter,single or duel exhaust,should also be taken into consideration.
    http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=0054&P=1
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

Well I just had two friends come by to check on the 355 and I ran it for them and run it up to 8k or so and they loved the sound said it sounds mean and to leave it alone so what the He77 do I know I thought it was to loud but they were behind it and said when the revs get up there to tone changed to a great sound instead of the real low rumble at idle.

I ran just two cats on the H-pipe and no mufflers, or tips at al for along time on my mustang. It sounded real good eveyone liked it. I liked it too it was real deep. But I had alot of pipe behind them. From the middle of the car all the way to the back. That will sound deeper too.

Sounds good, I really like the loud and deep sound, just don't wabt it to sound like an old pick up with no muffler
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

Quote Originally Posted by GSXRBOBBY
    Sounds good, I really like the loud and deep sound, just don't wabt it to sound like an old pick up with no muffler
    No It will be more like a dump truck with no muffler :