Thread: Cleaning fuel injectors

Cleaning fuel injectors

I am looking into cleaning my fuel injector since the motor has been on the stand for about a year now. I am thinking the injectors are going to be crystallized from sitting. I called around and found Napa is one of the only places around that does it and they want $25.00 an injector which is going to be over $160.00, is there a way to clean them well myself that someone may know of?
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

Re: Cleaning fuel injectors

I had to do the same thing with my 3800. Duane Cox had concerns that if I cleaned them myself, it might work. But if the injectors are lean on one cylinder, poof, goes a piston!

The bottom line is, I spent $20 each to have them ultrasonically clean and reverse flushed. Apparently the do that to each injector for about 20 minutes each, then calibrate them to better than factory specs. The even installed new "O" rings. I felt it was worth every penny. The engine started on the first try and roared like a lion!

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

It will be the best money you ever spent and will save you a world of troubles .. $25 each is reasonable too.

Man, she is sharp looking! What kind of truck is that?
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

$25 each is reasonable too.
    I thought it was high, I have found a place that I can send it to and there is about a 10 day turn around, they want about $75 for all of them.
    I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

Cruzin Preformance comes highly recommended from the f-body groups. Rich is a stand-up guy.
    http://www.cruzinperformance.com/
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

I have posted this question on a few threads and they have come up on each, I take it that they have an out standing rep going and I will have to test it for myself. Thanks alot everyone for your help!

$12.00 per injector now, just incase anyone else wants to know.

I have used them .. they are excellent .. 2 week turn around (across the border even!) .. he swapped out 2 real bad ones for minimal cost. This is what was stopping my fiero from running .. clogged injectors from having been sitting around for so long while I was working on my (now abandoned) kit car project.
    Visit My KitCarOnLine Blog<br />http://www.kitcaronline.ca and Links Site at http://www.kitcars.ca

Dave knows all about clean injectors, or in his case,clogged injectors. (best take his advice) ;D