Thread: Painless wiring

Painless wiring

How hard would it be to rewire the entire car with a Painless Wiring kit?? Like this one:
    http://www.goracin.com/INDEX/Painles...ERSAL_KIT.html

I already need to rewire it for the gauges, would this kit help with that?? I ask also because I think the car has a draw that's killing the battery. Just thought it would be easier to rewire and maybe save some $$.

TIA,
    Ron

Re: Painless wiring

One thing is you will need more than 12 circuits. Wiring is easy, buy some clear plastic loom and as many different colours you want. The Peterbilt and Mack trucks all use white wires only. All of them are numbered instead of colour coding. This makes it so much fun locate a problem circuit....it is the white wire...duh.!.

Ron,
    Whatever you come up with, please let me know. I am using a computer controlled ford 5.0L v8 with an electronic shift buick transmission, ferrari gauges and center console switches and the fiero chassis harness. I think that will be a fun one to wire up. I dont know the first thing about automotive electronics so I can not help you out. Please keep me informed though.

Bob
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

Quote Originally Posted by jdinner
    One thing is you will need more than 12 circuits. Wiring is easy, buy some clear plastic loom and as many different colours you want. The Peterbilt and Mack trucks all use white wires only. All of them are numbered instead of colour coding. This makes it so much fun locate a problem circuit....it is the white wire...duh.!.
    LOL

Super, I'll let u know.

Janice_ho was making his own wiring and pulling everything new on his Diablo until the last couple weeks and went and bought himself a wiring kit. Not sure what brand it is but he seems to be much happier with the new setup. Haven't seen it yet but will be soon.

Maybe he can relate some of the fun he has had. I see he still doesn't have everything finished as he is asking about the wiper motor in another thread here.

Maybe he can help you make a decision.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

You can do all your own wires but the big problems are where are you going to find that much 18ga in all those different colors so then you end up with 4 colors all in 16 or greater. The other problem is that it is hard to get all the wires into the fuse panel. The Painless kit and I am sure all the rest address both issues. I got 10201 (18 circuit - GM column). It is pretty easy, I should have laid it out in the yard first and moved some of the wires around. The only problem I'm having is the wiper wiring as it is not included in the harness, it is treated as a separate harness. For a couple hundred you will save yourself hundreds of dollars and hours of trouble.

Is that (10201) a painless kit or some other brand??