Thread: USA to canada

USA to canada

why can;t we bring unfinished kits from states to canada i tried but all i got was NO NO NO why

Re: USA to canada

if you go onto Transort Canada's webpg click on list of admissable vehicles imorted from US. ... SECTION 2 says kitcars less than 15yrs old ...inadmissable ...so my understanding would be if its older than 15yrs your okay ....but remember this is government your dealing with lol.....I would hire a broker if I was going to do it..john

Direct the government ....
    Because Canadian safety standards are much more stringent than US standards many vehicles are inadmissable--period. No amount of modifications will allow them to be imported.

Many common vehicles, such as 89 to 93 Ford Thunderbirds/Cougars and 88 to 91 Buick LeSabres are inadmissable.

ALL kit cars, home builts and modified vehicles that use a new or used rolling chassis that is newer than 15 years old can not be imported into Canada under any circumstances. This includes complete DO IT YOURSELF KITS, such as the Lotus 7 or a Replicar such as a Ferrari built on a Camaro/Firebird chassis.

Any attempt to circumvent these regulations by disassembling a non-admissable vehicle and shipping the parts separately will be refused admission at customs. Only parts manufactured for conforming vehicles or parts manufactured by a secondary parts manufacturer can now be imported into Canada. You can still bring in a frame for a street rod if the manufacturer of that frame only makes frames. If they also make a complete car, the frame alone will be inadmissable.

What kind of car are you looking ot get?
    A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

Quote Originally Posted by CARBUILDER
    Direct the government ....
    Because Canadian safety standards are much more stringent than US standards . . . .
    ??? How many times have you heard a Canadian builder complain that it is hard to get a hand built car licenced?? It is not more stringent here at all for custom cars. The Canadian Safety standards are derived from the US standards. Heck us hicks in Alberta only had to start wearing seatbelts a few years ago. The government is just being protectionistic. There are absolutely no passing emmissions testing here either. Austrailia is more stringent as is Britain (most of Europe).