Thread: How hard is it?

How hard is it?

how hard is it to biuld a diablo 6.0 replica or a ferrari 355 replica? I have no experience what so ever so will this be to difficut for me? also do u get any instructions on how to assemble the kit when u get it? and more info you think should be added is apreciated.
    thanx

Re: How hard is it?

I know nothing of the 6.0 build but have been told they are more difficult than the 355 I am building an AD 355, I have built a lot of cars, hot rods and customs this being my first kit car and l have the in my opinion the easiest 355 kit to build and it has been a long hard year. I have been frustrated more times than I can count. I would start with an AD 355 coupe non-stretch as your first the spider is a B#$th. You will get a lot of help from the guys and gal here just ask for there help and you will receive. Good luck you will need it. ;D

It all depends on the who made the kit. A Ferrari kit requires alot less chassis mods and is alot easier to build then any Lamborghini kit. For your first kit I agree with F355spider, start with an AD 355 coupe non-stretch. Johns kit is the best F355 kit out there and from OPE (other people's experience) it is by far the easiest. Also everyone here would help the best we could. I hope this helps.

Who was it that got the AD kit, had John come by and mount it for him in a weekend .. made it sound so easy .. did
    it ever get completed? I hear you folks talk about how much easier it is but quite frankly I doubt its that easy.. the body
    is the least of your worries in most cases .. sounds like a nightmare for windshield, top, headlights, etc. Fit and finish hasnt
    even started on most of these cars .. am I wrong?
    Visit My KitCarOnLine Blog<br />http://www.kitcaronline.ca and Links Site at http://www.kitcars.ca

I am 4.5 years and $90,000 CDN into a Diablo Roadster and can finally see the finish line. The Ferrari would have been much easier I think but I would do a coupe 355 or 360 next - the Diablo is enough to bury you. Also, I would stick with the transverse engine next time too, the longitudinal set up added maybe $8000 to $10,000 to the build. I pesonally don't think that the stretch is that big of a deal but I love to weld and see sparks fly. The only wierd up side to the Diablo is that the bits and pieces like vents, latches, badges, lights all seem to be less expensive than on the Ferrari builds. Just my $00.0245 CDN

Granted all kits have there levels of difficulty and require some skill or the willingness to learn. As for John one must realize that he has built a few kits already and to install a body is repetition and simple. For some one just starting and doing an AD 355 it would take about 40 hours to mount the body. As for a Lamborghini it is about 120 hours. Chassis mods Ferrari (nonstretch) 32 hours, Lamborghini 60 hours. These are just the average, some can do it faster some it will take longer. There is just more time involved doing a Lamborghini then a Ferrari. As for the interior with a Lamborghini you half to do it and a Ferrari it is optional (one less step in the build time). I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by janice_ho
    Just my $00.0245 CDN
    That's too funny!

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by janice_ho
    Just my $00.0245 CDN
    That is the funniest thing I have heard all week.

5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

unless you are a very experienced builder stay away from any lambo.the a.d 355 is the best engineered package available,im kinda in the fe#%ari replica biz,but this outfit has taken it to the next level.its just a hobby for me but if you really want a well engineered replica ,contact a.d,theyre contact info is all over this site.the quality of theyre products is is almost unheard of in the replica business,there are some cobra companies and a few limited production things out ther that are real nice but the 355 stuff they have is the best far and away

As far as just adding the body of an AD 355 you could have the car going in two weeks. Were the problem starts is we cannot stop there we haft to start chopping the cars up making them into convt. and adding hard to fit interiors brake kits suspension kits that all have to be modified and so on. After doing my spider I could add an AD 355 coupe kit to a stock Fiero and be driving it in two weeks if I had all the lights and so on ready to go. The problem is we cannot stop there we have to try to make it as real as possible. I can have my spider disassembled in two hours the hardest part is the headlights and the gas filler but now that I know how to make the Fiero gas filler work it is not that bad. I have wasted months on this convt. Crap it is worth it though, at least I keep telling myself that. I have built four different tops trying to get it right. I spent a month thinking about how to brace the car. I have spent months making an interior (still not finished) when all I had to do was go to the junkyard and get a firebird or 200zx interior for 150 bucks. So it is not the kit it is I getting out of control and wasting thousands. OK Iím through preaching know sorry Iím getting old and ramble on sometimes.